Translate

Sunday, October 8, 2023

Skull Birthday


 FS870 - This week's incredibly talented featured stamper is Raye Lynn (aka CreepsMom). I love her username too. I found this INSPIRATION and here is the INSIDE.


My friend Anne (jdmommy) made a card a while back with this skull. My son loves skulls and got one tattooed on his chest. I mentioned to her that I was looking for more skulls to add to my collection for him and she was kind enough to stamp off several in greys and blacks.

Today's inspiration was perfect to remind me of these skulls for a card for my son's birthday with the skulls around the outside of the coffin. I saw the cats all around the inside of the box and thought I could do that with these skulls.

I fussy cut all of the skulls then glued them around a black card stock. I then trimmed the edges and added the additional cut pieces around the edges to add more filling in the card stock.

I layered the piece on a silver mirror paper and added some black gems.

The card was finished with the birthday sentiment banner popped up on dimensionals.

Thank you, Anne for these great skulls, I love, love, love this card and it is so perfect for my son. Thank you, Raye Lynn, for the inspiration.

Thank you for stopping by to check out my card today. I appreciate the lovely comments. If you leave me a comment, I can stop by your blog for a visit.


Challenges:
Ellibelle's Corner - Anything Goes
Give a Crafter a Cookie - Black
Morgan's World - Anything Goes
Park Hopping - Anything Goes Inspired by Theme Park (This is inspired by Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios)
Through The Purple Haze - Halloween / or Color Pallete (I used blacks and Skulls)

9 comments:

  1. Great card love all the fussy cut skulls and sounds perfect for your son.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks brilliant Lisa, I'm sure your son will love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cool skull card! Love the dark behind them and your son will love this! I know mine would too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea for them, looks great, sure he will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card for your son since he enjoys skulls so much! It's spooky cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Card
    Nice that you participated in the October Challenge
    Greetings Jolanda Bongers
    DT Morgan's Art World

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect birthday card for your son, such a great design!
    Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete