Translate

Monday, October 30, 2023

Birthday Cards

 

FF23TexasGrammy - Use pigment powders (Brushos, Color Burst, Infusions, etc.) to create your background or use a part of your burst of color piece as a gorgeous element on your card's front!

For this card, I used 2 different green brushos and yellow brushos to fill a water color panel. I then die cut the leaf and added some dimensionals to the leaves.

The black panel has some doodled stitch lines and the card was finished with the birthday sentiment and a few green Nuvo drops.

Green Leaf Birthday

For my second card:

FF23gutsport56 - Die Cutting with Napkins

I used the same layout as the first card and created the die cut layered napkin for my leaf. I used a different leaf and once cut I added some blue shimmer paint.

The second was also finished with the sentient on dimensionals and some blue Nuvo Drops along with the same birthday sentiment and doodled stitch lines.

I love that we can change a die cut, change a technique and get a different card.

Thank you for stopping by to check out my card today. I appreciate the lovely comments. If you leave me a comment, I can stop by your blog for a visit.

Blue Leaf Birthday

9 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Lisa..great colours and contrast….xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful cards and love the coloured leaves against the black backgrounds.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Lisa! I love the black background behind your leaves because they really make them stand out so nicely especially with the details you've added to them! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stunning colours of the leaves contrast beautifully with the black backgrounds, 2 stunning cards.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both lovely cards. A bit confused about the napkin, though on the second one? XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aimeslee, thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment. For the Napkin card, I shared a link to a video that explains the step for die cutting napkins. It is really so interesting that we can die cut napkins for fun embellishments to add to our cards.

      Delete
  6. Yep! Changed detail, but both gorgeous cards Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are so lovely and pop against that black background so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are beautiful and I really like the clever use of a napkin too! I love those colorful leaves against the black background!

    ReplyDelete