Translate

Friday, April 19, 2024

Father's Day Cards

 


APR24VSNC - In the Same Boat

F4A739 - Happy

USEIT2024 - Boat die cut

For my card, I had this great boat die cut in my tote of items to use up. It was perfect for a very quick card. 

I used some distress oxide ink on a craft mat and spritzed some water on it. I then soaked it up with watercolor paper.

Once dry, I stamped the Father's Day sentiment and layered the boat die cut on the front.

Father's Day Fishing

Challenges:

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes / Splash of Color

APR24VSND - The Early Bird Catches the Worm
  • W - Wood
  • O - Oval (there is an oval die cut out of the saw)
  • R - Ruler
  • M - Masculine, Metal
For my card I embossed the wood grain on brown. I then die cut the pieces for the ruler and saw and layered. I stamped the Father's Day sentiment and popped it up on dimensionals.

Thank you for stopping by to check out my card today. I appreciate the lovely comments. If you leave me a comment, I can stop by your blog for a visit.


12 comments:

  1. Both fabulous cards, perfect for Father's Day or a masculine birthday, you have some great die cuts and know exactly how to use them for maximum effect.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who fishes and would LOVE that first card. I like that peaceful serene scene you created. The 2nd one is awesome too with the tools most guys have on hand and that woodgrain embossed background is perfect! NJ on both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both fabulous masculine cards and perfect for Fathers Day.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous father's Day cards, the embossed wood panel is perfect for your saw!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  5. it may have been quick, but it's an amazing card. Thank you for sharing at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your background for that silhouette die cut and ! The second is a great one for a wood worker :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great woodgrain background! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card, Lisa. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are fantastic and work perfectly for our challenge!! I especially love that fisherman die!! Thanks for playing along with our "clean & simple" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!
    Deb Horst, DT #C4G345

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Guy cards and both are very nice, Lisa. Glad you embraced playing with the clean and simple theme for this round at C4G. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two wonderful guy cards. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete