Translate

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Cardinal Graduation

 

IC960 - Daily Paintworks & Pinterest - INSPIRATION

F4A740 - Chirp! Chirp! (This is actually what the school says to graduates) :)

USEIT2024 - Tassel

I have to say I am very last minute making this card. My son's girlfriend graduates next week, and he asked for a cardinal pop-up card.

I used several Karen Burniston die cuts to create the pop-up cardinal and used a Spellbinders die cut to add the wings.

The graduation cap paper was a stencil used on red paper and I finished with the Spellbinders congratulations die cut out of gold mirror paper.

The card was finished with the closure and some red and white bakers' twine and I found the tassel in my tote of items to use up.

Here is a picture of the cardinal closed.


Cardinal Graduation

Thank you for stopping by to check out my card today. I appreciate the lovely comments. If you leave me a comment, I can stop by your blog for a visit.

Challenges:

Allsorts - Use a Stencil

14 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa that is fantastic…so clever just amazing…bet she loves it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just brilliant Lisa and I am sure your son's girlfriend will treasure it, not seen one like it, fabulous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Lisa! You've created a lasting treasure, I know she will always love that! And kudos to you for mixing dies and really for designing the whole thing! Amazing! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I think she loves it. What a stunning pop-up did you create by using several die cuts. When the card is closed, it looks funny too. It seems like the bird is peeping at me hihi.
    Greetings Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You answered your son's request with such a special and fun card! She is going to be thrilled with it and the unique way it folds. This is a keepsake treasure she's sure to cherish for years to come.. Way to create! As luck would have it, a brilliant red cardinal landed on my deck railing this morning as I was opening the kitchen curtains! They are the most beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so clever Lisa and looks amazing- truly a one-of-kind graduation card that I'm sure will be treasured.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing, well done. I am sure your son's girlfriend will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh what a brilliant 'pop up' card Lisa it looks fantastic you are so clever
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, he is AWEsome Lisa, I love how it folds so flat and then pops up into this wonderful creation, she will just love it, how fun..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. An amazing pop-up! Such a fabulous way to congratulate a graduate with that mascot. Love the use of the stencil on red. Thank you so much for joining in and using the stencil challenge option at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun creation! I’m sure your son’s girlfriend will love it. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun 3d creation Lisa, looks so detailed as well, perfect for the occasion, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa just popped back to thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow that is pretty clever, great dimensional project, and so neat looking!

    ReplyDelete