Translate

Saturday, November 18, 2023

Congratulations Grad

 

IC937 - Catch My Party & Pintrist - INSPIRATION

For my card, I punched out a bunch of scrap paper with a balloon punch and layered them 4 high. I then glued them to the card stock.

Next, I painted white acrylic paint over the balloons. Once dry I watered down white acrylic paint and painted a thin layer of the white over the red.

I then die cut the congratulations 3 times out of black card stock and glued on the card front. The card was then finished with the sticker graduation cap and a few scattered black gems.

Thank you for stopping by to check out my card today. I appreciate the lovely comments. If you leave me a comment, I can stop by your blog for a visit.

Congratulations Grad

Challenges:

Barrel of Monkeys - Legos (I created a textured base using balloons rather than circles)

14 comments:

  1. A lot of work creating the balloon background Lisa but so worth it as it's a lovely card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous design, all the balloons look amazing, I love this idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea- the balloon background looks amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Graduation card love the cap and all the balloons.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card , congrats 💐☺️ happy day
    thanks so much for all your comments
    hugs from Chile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Lisa, I love your balloon background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really clever idea. Love the texture from the balloons and the paint. I am sure i would have messed it up with the paint! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those balloon punch outs make a great relief pattern Lisa, a great idea and design for this graduation card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure it took quite some time to glue all those balloons together but what a great graduation card this turned out to be! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow that was a lo of punching but it sure makes for a cool background. I like the touch of the white paint across them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card Lisa you have done a superb job with that background well done
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, that's alotta balloons! Fab card, love how you painted them, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. 4 layers of each balloon, that is outstanding, a great result too Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my A BARREL OF MONKEYS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete