Translate

Monday, March 4, 2024

Wedding Cake

 

CAS784 - National Pound Cake Day. make a card with a cake.

For my card, I wanted to use a cake image from DRS Designs for a wedding card. The image has candles, so I initially stamped the cake image on scrap paper to create a mask to mask off the candles.

Next, I stamped the cake on acetate to see where the candles would stamp on the card stock, and I added the mask to cover where they would stamp. I then stamped the cake image and removed the mask.

I added the Mr. & Mrs. stamp next to the cake and colored the image with pencils.

The flowers were finished with gems.

Thank you for stopping by to check out my card today. I appreciate the lovely comments. If you leave me a comment, I can stop by your blog for a visit.

Wedding Cake

9 comments:

  1. The pink and Kraft work so well together Lisa, a super Wedding card to receive.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, love the colour combo its perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masking and stamping to create this lovely card, I always love the look of pencil colouring on kraft. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masking details on that fun little cake and I love the gems on the flowers too. Great for Mr & Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masking and love the pencil colouring on the kraft.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Lisa love the image and colours
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card and I love the pencil coloring on kraft paper Lisa.
    Greetings Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are much more patient than I am. I would have just stamped the cake and fussy cut it with out the candles, then added to the card. I have to really have a great reason for fussy cutting a mask, lol. I do it sometimes though. Stampers gotta stamp, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to turn a birthday cake into a wedding cake!

    ReplyDelete