Translate

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Happy Valentines day

 

SC993 - this week's sketch on splitcoaststampers.com

For my card, I used a handmade paper that my MIL gave me for Christmas for the base. I added some distressing to the edge of the layers. I then did a very heavy emboss on the love panel and let it distress the embossing to tear the paper.

I added a Valentine sentiment and a couple of hearts and finished the hearts with a few gems.

Thank you for stopping by to check out my card today. I appreciate the lovely comments. If you leave me a comment, I can stop by your blog for a visit.

Happy Valentines day

13 comments:

  1. This paper has a lovely colour and textured look to it Lisa and your embossed background fits in beautifully.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the distressed look of the heavy embossing, it's perfect with that gorgeous handmade paper.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Valentine card! I'm loving the texture in your background and the distressing is a nice element too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A simple card, but it still has loads of interest. That handmade paper looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Lisa, I love the colour and design of your card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the debossed side of the folder is used, cool! We often forget that's an option, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty valentine with that great embossing and wonderful color. I love this design too

    ReplyDelete
  8. A generic C&P comment as unable to type much (MS flare up) just to let you know I popped by to take a peek.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. neat embossing to go with the pretty paper she gave you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost forgot to add to my comment... A thank you to your for all the nice comments you have made on my blog. I would love to see some of the previous cards that you have made. Your cards are always worth a second look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your distressed edges look so perfect! Did you use a distressing tool or scissors or something else? Beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for asking how I distressed the edges. I used a Tim Holtz paper distressing tool. Some people use a sharp knife or sharp scissors but I fear I would cut myself using either of those. I found the paper-distressing tool is great and I am less likely to injure myself with that tool.

      Delete