Translate

Monday, March 27, 2023

Cute as a Button

 

CAS735 - make an image in an unusual color

For my card today I thought I would have a little fun with it. I had never tried the Basket Weave and thought I would give it a try. It is so easy and a great way to add a little interest to your cards with no extra tools needed besides scissors. I used the tutorial on splitcoaststampers.com HERE.

One thing I did that made it a bit easier is when I folded the weave, I used my scoreboard to score the pieces. This helped to keep the cardstock from tearing while I was folding them.

I then stamped the cute monkey from DRS Designs, fussy cut it and added dimensionals. I finished the card with the cute sentiment, button and bakers twine.

Thank you for stopping by to check out my card today. I appreciate the lovely comments. If you leave me a comment, I can stop by your blog for a visit.

Cute as a Button


7 comments:

  1. Cute card Lisa and the lattice side panel very effective.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute monkey and lattice pleated border
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little pink monkey is adorable! Great job with the weave design too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lattice is great! And the monkey is darling. Glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! I love that technique. I did it many years ago. I need to give it a try again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the lattice is a super element to your design Lisa, a sweet card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the basket weave and you can't help but smile with that cute face :)

    ReplyDelete