Translate

Friday, March 18, 2022

Remembering

 

F4A630 - Hello Spring

I learned a dear friend lost her daughter and her son saw a yellow butterfly and thought it was her daughter. Her daughter also loved Callalily's and I just had to make this card for her.

I die cut the butterfly base then created the easel card and die cut it again for the top layer.

Next, I stamped the butterfly on yellow and die cut that then added the lacy die cut butterfly on top.

The flowers were in my drawer already made up waiting for cards. (I like making a few in advance to make my card making quick when I need a fast card for such an occasion).

The remembering sentiment my son wrote. He taught himself calligraphy and is really good and very handy when I need a sentiment that I don't own.

Thank you for stopping by to check out my card today. I appreciate the lovely comments. If you leave me a comment, I can stop by your blog for a visit.

5 comments:

  1. how sad to have to make this card, horrible to loose a child. the card is gorgeous and so thoughtful...to incorporate items that will have meaning to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that is terrible, so sorry for her loss. You made a beautiful card for her, love the shape and the lovely flowers you had to go on it. Your son does a beautiful job with his writing, great touch to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning easel card and such a beautiful design. It is always sad to make cards for these occasions but yours will have so much meaning for your friend.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I first saw and commented on this card at SCS. Definitely wanted to take a second look on this beautiful, meaningful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truly beautiful, thoughtful card. So sorry for her loss.

    ReplyDelete