Translate

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Herringbone Birthday

 

FS812 - This week's incredibly talented Featured Stamper is Sandye Curry aka sgc. I have been a longtime fan of her work for many years. I found this wonderful INSPIRATION.

I love the scrappy strips she used on her card. They remind me of the herringbone technique using paper strips to create the background on your card.

I have been trying to build up my birthday card stash so at the end of the year when family and friends put in their requests for cards I have a supply built up. My MIL is a quilter and this is perfect to add to her stash.

I grabbed my pink scraps and created the herring bone technique then layered it on a pink card stock. I then added some pink ribbon, popped the sentiment up on dimensionals and finished with some flowers from my stash of already punched flowers.

Herringbone Birthday

6 comments:

  1. This looks great Lisa! I have been collecting paper strips recently too after seeing another blogger create a lovely background using the same technique. I haven't got quite enough yet to complete a background but I'm looking forward to using up those pieces that would normally have gone in the bin.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design and useful for scraps
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super card Lisa, lots of lovely papers - a great way to use up your scraps.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card for a quilter to give, so pretty. I barely get my cards made, I have done some for my daughter but have only given away to others as their gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect way to use up scraps and build up a birthday stash! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done card. I'm a big fan of quilt cards... No I never made a quilt but at one time Hubby thought I was glued to the sewing machine with all the sewing I used to do. (my poor sewing mcachine is just gathering dust these days!

    ReplyDelete