Translate

Friday, October 9, 2026

More Fall and Christmas

We hope you will join us for all the creative fun during Fallidays! There are plenty of challenges, inspiration, and opportunities to share your creativity with fellow card makers. Be sure to visit Splitcoaststampers and play along with the challenges. You can find all the details HERE.

FF26stampinspooky - Thanksgiving (thinking of you, thank you, or just a thankful sentiment)

For this challenge, I chose the Thank You option and took the opportunity to use some of the designer paper from my growing "use it up" pile. One of the paper packs is filled with rich fall colors, making it perfect for this project. I selected several coordinating patterns and combined them to create a fun and interesting layout. To help each piece stand out, I added white cardstock mats beneath the designer papers and cut some of the pieces into banners for added movement and visual interest.

Once the layout was complete, I layered the finished panel onto a brown card base. The warm brown cardstock complements the autumn colors in the designer paper and helps tie all of the elements together. The mix of patterns and banners creates plenty of detail while still allowing the design to feel balanced and easy on the eye.

To finish the card, I stamped a Thank You sentiment and punched it out with an oval punch. An additional punched layer was added behind the sentiment for extra definition before popping it up on dimensionals. The raised sentiment provides the perfect focal point and adds depth to the design. This card is a great example of how a few coordinating papers can come together to create a warm and cheerful thank you card while helping reduce that ever-growing designer paper stash.

FF26janemomA - DIY Holiday Tree

For my DIY tree, I followed the Ever-Green Tree tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com HERE.

For my tree project, I started by punching several white twig pieces from my ever-growing pile of white cardstock scraps. The individual twigs were layered onto a triangle base to create the shape of a Christmas tree. It was a great way to use up scraps while adding lots of texture and dimension to the design.

Once the tree was assembled, I wrapped it with gold baker's twine that had been sitting on my desk waiting for just the right project. The twine creates the look of garland draped across the tree and adds a lovely touch of shine. To embellish the tree, I added several gold gems and finished it with a punched gold glitter star at the top. The combination of gold accents gives the tree a festive and elegant appearance.

After completing the tree, I layered it onto a white embossed panel to provide additional texture without distracting from the focal point. The embossed panel was then matted with a layer of gold glitter cardstock before being attached to a white card base. The mix of textures, sparkle, and dimension makes this card feel both classic and festive, while the gold accents add just the right amount of holiday elegance.


FF26hbrown - Colorful Autumn Pumpkins - use other colors besides just orange

For this challenge, I decided to create a blue pumpkin for the "Not Orange Pumpkin" theme. I stamped this wonderful pumpkin image from DRS Designs onto watercolor paper and then used my Zig watercolor markers to bring it to life. Choosing shades of blue instead of the traditional orange gave the pumpkin a fresh and unexpected look while still maintaining all the charm of a fall card. The watercoloring added soft shading and depth, helping the pumpkin become the star of the design.

Once the coloring was complete, I stamped a birthday sentiment in the upper corner of the panel. I then used a stitched rectangle die to cut out the focal piece, adding a decorative border that helps frame the image and sentiment. The stitched detail provides just the right amount of texture without taking away from the watercolor focal point.

To finish the card, I layered the panel onto a woodgrain designer paper from my ever-growing stash that I am working hard to use up this year. The rustic wood pattern pairs beautifully with the fall theme and helps the blue pumpkin stand out even more. The completed panel was then mounted onto a white card base, creating a clean finish that keeps the focus on the unique color palette. This was a fun way to put a different spin on a traditional fall image while creating a cheerful birthday card.


FF26CAKath - Inspiration challenge with either a photograph or a saying for a Christmas theme.

I was inspired by the vintage feel of the postcard and the beautiful poinsettias featured in the inspiration piece. To create my card, I stamped this lovely image from The Ton in the upper left corner and again in the lower right corner of a kraft cardstock panel. The repeated design helps frame the card while drawing the eye toward the sentiment, which was stamped in the center of the panel.

For the coloring, I reached for my Prismacolor pencils, which are my favorite medium when working on colored cardstock. The pencils blend beautifully on kraft cardstock and allow the colors to appear rich and vibrant while still maintaining a soft, classic look. I especially enjoy how the colored pencil shading brings depth and dimension to floral images, making the poinsettias feel more realistic and detailed.

Once all of the coloring was complete, I trimmed the panel to size and mounted it onto a black card base. The black cardstock provides a striking contrast against the kraft background and helps the colored images stand out even more. The combination of the vintage-inspired design, warm kraft cardstock, and richly colored poinsettias creates an elegant holiday card with a timeless feel.


Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment