Translate

Thursday, October 8, 2026

Fall & Christmas Cards

We hope you will join us for all the creative fun during Fallidays! There are plenty of challenges, inspiration, and opportunities to share your creativity with fellow card makers. Be sure to visit Splitcoaststampers and play along with the challenges. You can find all the details HERE.

FF26snietjeA - Christmas pockets

For this challenge, I pulled out some festive Christmas wrapping paper from my stash. The paper is fairly thin, making it perfect for folding and layering, which worked beautifully for this Christmas Pockets project. It is always fun to find creative ways to use materials beyond their original purpose, and the colorful wrapping paper added plenty of holiday cheer to the finished design.

Following the challenge instructions, I created the pocket card base and folded each of the four individual envelopes. Once the envelopes were assembled, I decorated each one with a red punched snowflake. The bright red accents help tie the design together and add a festive touch to each pocket.

For the inserts, I started with red cardstock and then punched a snowflake from the white layer before adhering it on top. This allowed the red cardstock underneath to peek through the snowflake opening, creating a fun contrast and adding an extra decorative detail to the cards tucked inside the pockets.

To finish the project, I added a length of red and white baker's twine to tie the Christmas pocket closed. The twine not only serves as a practical closure but also adds a classic holiday touch that complements the colors and festive feel of the entire project. This was a fun challenge and a wonderful way to create a unique presentation for holiday greetings and small seasonal notes.


FF26cjnalley - Feature leaves on faux silk background

Following the Faux Silk Tutorial found HERE, I began by stamping white tissue paper with a beautiful leaf image from DRS Designs. Using several fall-colored inks, I randomly stamped the leaves across the tissue paper to create a colorful autumn background. Once the stamping was complete, I crumpled the tissue paper to create the characteristic wrinkles that give the faux silk technique its distinctive texture. After carefully smoothing the paper back out, the rich colors and creases combined to create a lovely silk-like appearance.

The finished tissue paper was then adhered to a white cardstock panel, allowing the texture and stamped leaves to take center stage. To help highlight the warm fall colors, I added an orange mat behind the faux silk panel, followed by an additional white layer before attaching everything to an orange card base. The layers help frame the focal panel and draw attention to all the beautiful detail created with the faux silk technique.

To finish the card, I tucked a piece of orange grosgrain ribbon down the center of the design for additional texture and color. The thank you sentiment was stamped, punched out, and layered onto an orange punched mat before being popped up on dimensionals for added depth. As a final touch, I scattered a few gold gems around the card, adding just the right amount of sparkle and interest. The combination of rich autumn colors, textured faux silk, and elegant embellishments makes this a wonderful card for sharing a heartfelt note of thanks.

Thank You
FF26Dockside - Feature a seasonal animal; bats, draft horses, Christmas mice etc

For my featured animal card, I pulled out this wonderful Halloween image from Inkadinkado and stamped it on white cardstock. To help the image stand out, I added soft purple sponging around the edges, creating a subtle glow that complements the spooky theme while adding a touch of color and depth.

To frame the focal image, I die cut a black cardstock shape in the form of a coffin. The dramatic black frame works perfectly with the Halloween scene and helps draw the eye directly to the stamped image. For the card base, I started with purple cardstock, followed by a black mat layer. I then selected a piece of black and gray designer paper that was a perfect match for the image. The designer paper was cut into four strips and arranged with narrow black borders between each section, creating additional visual interest and texture across the background.

Once the card base was complete, I popped the focal image up on dimensionals to add depth and make it the center of attention. For a fun and unexpected twist, I turned this Halloween-themed card into a birthday card at my sister's request. The Happy Birthday sentiment was also accented with purple sponging around the edges, helping to tie it into the rest of the design. The combination of spooky Halloween elements and a celebratory birthday greeting makes this a unique card that is sure to bring a smile to any October birthday recipient.

Halloween Birthday
FF26sleepyinseattle - Woodwork

For this final challenge of the day for Fallidays, I started with a black cardstock base and built the design from there. A white cardstock layer helps brighten the card, while a piece of woodgrain designer paper from my growing "use it up" stash adds warmth and rustic charm. It is always satisfying to find the perfect paper for a project, and the wood pattern provided an ideal backdrop for the focal image.

For the centerpiece, I pulled out the beautiful Spellbinders Nordic Deer die set and die cut all of the layers from red, white, cream, and black cardstock. After assembling the various pieces, the deer really came to life with its layered details and striking contrast of colors. The rustic wood background pairs wonderfully with the Nordic-inspired design, giving the card a cozy holiday feel.

Because the antlers are quite delicate, I chose to adhere the deer directly to the woodgrain paper rather than popping it up. This provided additional stability while keeping all of the intricate details secure. To finish the card, I stamped a Merry Christmas sentiment and die cut it using a banner die. The banner was tucked just beneath the antlers in the upper corner, adding the perfect finishing touch without distracting from the handsome deer. The combination of rustic textures, layered die cuts, and a simple holiday greeting creates a classic Christmas card that is both elegant and festive.


Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment