Translate

Saturday, October 10, 2026

More Fall and Christmas

We hope you will join us for all the creative fun during Fallidays! There are plenty of challenges, inspiration, and opportunities to share your creativity with fellow card makers. Be sure to visit Splitcoaststampers and play along with the challenges. You can find all the details HERE.

FF26MerMer5050 - Autumn Collage (no special die required - arrange a combination of squares and rectangles in various sizes onto your background and place your Autumn related items inside these shapes)

USEIT2026 - Bees

For my Autumn Collage card, I pulled out a wonderful leaf set from Bo Bunny and stamped three different leaf images using a variety of rich fall colors. Each leaf was trimmed and layered onto orange cardstock to help highlight the warm autumn tones. The leaves were then arranged across a striped background panel, creating a colorful collage effect that perfectly captures the feeling of the season. To add a little extra depth and interest, I popped the center leaf up on dimensionals, allowing it to stand out from the other elements.

Next, I stamped the Thank U sentiment and layered it onto brown and orange cardstock mats that coordinate with the colors found throughout the design. The sentiment was also popped up on dimensionals, helping it become a focal point while adding additional dimension to the card. For a fun finishing touch, I added a couple of bee embellishments from my tote of crafty items that I am working to use up. The bees were attached with dimensionals as well, giving them the appearance of fluttering over the autumn leaves.

To complete the card, the striped panel was layered onto orange cardstock and then onto a rich rust-colored layer. These colors were chosen to pull out several of the shades found in the background paper and stamped leaves, bringing the entire design together. The combination of fall colors, layered elements, and playful bee accents makes for a cheerful autumn thank you card full of warmth and seasonal charm.

FF26ForestRanger - Pumpkin Carving - include at least one jack-o-lantern on your card

For this card, I pulled out a fantastic Halloween die set from Spellbinders and used several cardstock scraps to die cut all the pieces needed for the scene. One of my favorite things about detailed die-cut projects is watching all of the individual elements come together. After cutting the pieces, I carefully layered them to build the scene and added dimensionals behind several of the elements to create extra depth and make the design feel more interactive.

Once the focal image was assembled, I layered it onto a fun gold designer paper from my stash. Since I am working to use up more of my designer paper collection this year, it was exciting to find a pattern that paired so well with the Halloween theme. The gold background adds a surprising touch of sparkle and helps the die-cut elements stand out. The panel was then layered onto black cardstock before being mounted on a purple card base, creating a classic Halloween color combination.

To finish the card, I added a Happy Birthday sentiment since I have several Halloween-themed birthday cards to make this year. The festive greeting transforms the spooky design into a fun birthday card that is perfect for celebrating an October birthday. The combination of layered die cuts, dimensional details, and bold Halloween colors makes this card both playful and memorable.

Fun Halloween Birthday
FF26DCinkit - Holiday Beverage (hot cocoa, apple cider, tea, coffee) suggestion: decorate your mug to reflect your holiday of choice.

For my holiday beverage, I chose one of my favorite winter treats, hot cocoa. To create the focal image, I die cut this fantastic Santa cup and added dimensionals behind the top portion of the cup to give it extra depth. I then die cut and assembled all of the festive accessories, including the candy cane, holly, chocolate bar, Santa belt, and marshmallows. Layering all of these pieces together transformed the cup into a fun and whimsical holiday focal point that is full of Christmas charm.

Once the cup was complete, I layered it onto a piece of music paper, which adds a wonderful holiday feel to the design. A strip of red and white decorative designer paper was added along the left side of the panel to bring in more festive color and pattern. The completed panel was then layered onto red cardstock and attached to a black card base. The black background helps all of the bright holiday colors stand out beautifully.

To finish the card, I popped the Merry Christmas sentiment up on dimensionals and placed it above the Santa cup. The raised sentiment adds another layer of dimension while helping balance the overall design. Between the cheerful Santa-themed cup, festive embellishments, and layered patterns, this card captures the cozy feeling of enjoying a warm cup of hot cocoa during the holiday season.


FF26CreepsMomA - Halloween card featuring black and purple as your main colors

IC1088 - Pacha Soap Co - INSPIRATION

F4A868 - Orange and Purple

For this Halloween themed challenge, I pulled out this great image from Inkadinkado and stamped it onto white cardstock. It was perfect for the soap inspiration too, with the swirl in the soap looking like the smoke from the kettle. To soften the look and add a little spooky atmosphere, I blended purple ink around the edges of the image panel. I also added just a touch of color to her hair, the fire, and the top of the kettle, allowing those details to stand out while keeping the overall design simple and dramatic.

For the card base, I started with purple cardstock and added a black mat layer. To create an interesting background, I selected several coordinating black and gray designer papers and arranged them into a layered layout. The variety of patterns adds texture and visual interest without overpowering the focal image.

Once the background was complete, I popped the image up on dimensionals to give it extra depth and make it the center of attention. Several purple gems were added around the design for a bit of sparkle and to tie in the purple accents throughout the card.

To finish the card, I chose to use a birthday sentiment instead of a traditional Halloween greeting. Since I do not send many Halloween cards, this allowed me to create a card that will actually be used while still embracing the fun Halloween theme. The combination of spooky imagery, rich purple accents, and a birthday sentiment makes this a perfect card for someone celebrating a birthday during the Halloween season.


Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment