CAS912 - Lemons
For this card, I pulled out a few designer paper scraps from the collection I am working to use up this year. I chose one pattern to layer on black cardstock and added the banner strip on yellow cardstock for a bright contrast. Both pieces are then placed on a white card base, creating a clean foundation for the focal point.
Next, I reached for this fun Spellbinders glass die cut and assembled the layers using several scraps. The glass itself is cut from vellum, which gives it a soft, frosted look. Once the pieces were together, I added a die cut lemon to the top of the glass for a cheerful pop of color. The finished glass is layered on a white cardstock circle and then mounted on a black circle to frame it nicely.
To finish the card, I added a birthday sentiment and a few gold sequins for a touch of sparkle.
Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.

Such a great design Lisa, the bold patterned panel and banner contrast beautifully with the white background, the die cut glass is fabulous and the black borders bring it all together. xx
ReplyDeleteStriking card!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely adorable both in design and colours. Brilliantly executed x
ReplyDeleteit's a great card Lisa.......gr karin
ReplyDeletePerfect for a summertime birthday, neat pattern on the papers too!
ReplyDeleteI so wish Blogger would sort the reading list issue, this post literally just came up on mine, hence I'm very late arriving. Very 'refreshing' card and effective carrying the yellow to mat the little banner.
ReplyDeleteB x
Great card Lisa, the patterned paper panel is so striking.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
Lovely card.
ReplyDelete