IC1080 - Connecting Threads - Inspiration
I took my inspiration from the classic Argyle Quilt Pattern and carried that cozy, stitched‑together feel into my card design. While flipping through my Christmas paper stash, I found this cheerful plaid that instantly felt perfect for a playful holiday card base. I layered it on red for a crisp frame and then mounted everything onto a clean white card base to let the pattern shine.
To echo the layered look of the plaid, I added a strip of green and white polka‑dot paper another happy find from my scrap pile and framed it in red so it ties seamlessly into the overall design.
For the focal point, I pulled out this adorable gnome image from Rubbernecker, colored him with Copics in festive shades, and used the coordinating die to cut him out. He is popped up on dimensionals for a bit of whimsy and depth. To finish the card, I added the Merry Christmas sentiment, also popped up, and sprinkled a few green gems around the panel for just the right touch of sparkle.
Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.

No comments:
Post a Comment