FS1019 - this week's featured stamper is tredden also known as Tisa. I found this INSPIRATION.
One of my favorite ways to use paper scraps is the herringbone technique, and this card is a perfect example of how those little cut offs can come together to create something warm and full of charm. I keep a small stack of designer paper strips on my table from trimming down larger sheets, and when I feel I have gathered enough to build a full panel, I assemble a herringbone base and set it aside for a future card for my MIL. She is a quilter, and this style always delights her because it feels like a tiny paper quilt that she can share with her quilting friends.
For this card, I selected one of the finished herringbone panels and layered it on a soft green cardstock, then placed the entire piece on a crisp white card base to let the colors shine. To bring in a bit of extra interest, I wrapped blue and yellow bakers twine around the panel, which adds a cheerful touch and a little texture. The Get Well sentiment is mounted on the same green cardstock and popped up on dimensionals to give it a gentle lift.
I finished the card with scattered gold sequins that echo the gold accents in the herringbone pattern, adding just the right amount of sparkle to complete the design.
Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.

Fabulous card and great design, love all the colourful strips of paper and great way to use up scraps.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
A great idea for a get well card Lisa, it's bright and cheerful, lots to look at and admire with all those cleverly placed colourful strips. xx
ReplyDeleteWow, dear Lisa, this is unique and amazing!!! You have tremendous talent!
ReplyDeletepretty collection of scraps, I still want to give this a try :)
ReplyDeleteOoooh, isn't this lovely Lisa, I fund my eyes going back to check another pattern and colourway, really lovely crafting and so different.
ReplyDeleteB x
this is beautiful Lisa.........gr karin
ReplyDeleteI really like this card.
ReplyDelete