FS1025 - this week's featured stamper on splitcoaststampers.com 7moonlight also known as Ariel. I found this INSPIRATION.
USEIT2026 - Key and Wood Heart
To keep with Ariel's wonderful wood theme, I pulled out one of the wooden hearts from my tote of crafty treasures that I have been determined to use. While digging through my stash, I also came across this adorable little key, and it felt like the perfect accent to pair with the heart. Sometimes the best embellishments are the ones that have been patiently waiting for just the right project.
For the card base, I started with tan cardstock, then added a layer of rich red followed by a sparkling gold glitter heart background. The warm colors and touch of shimmer create a festive Valentine feel while allowing the wooden heart to remain the focal point. I also die cut a postal-style panel from red cardstock and created a coordinating envelope using my envelope punch board.
To finish the design, I tucked the wooden heart just inside the envelope as if it were a special Valentine waiting to be delivered. I punched a few extra gold glitter hearts for added sparkle and dimension, then added a Valentine sentiment popped up on dimensionals. The finishing touch was placing the tiny key on the wooden heart, creating a sweet little reminder that the key to someone’s heart may arrive in the simplest and most heartfelt ways.
Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.

No comments:
Post a Comment