SC1130 - this week's sketch on splitcoaststampers.com
For my card, I began with a deep black card base and masked off a portion to create a clean, defined area for added texture. Once the mask was in place, I used Heidi Swapp white spray to add a soft splatter across the exposed section. The contrast between the crisp black and the delicate white speckles gives the background a bold, artistic feel that sets the stage for the rest of the design.
For the leaves, I reached for a simple stack of white napkins and die cut them with a Simon Says die. The napkin layers create a wonderfully delicate texture, and adding watercolor brought gentle, organic color that feels light and airy against the dramatic card base. The soft wash of color on the napkins adds a handmade charm that pairs beautifully with the splattered background.
To finish the card, I added a birthday sentiment and popped it up on dimensionals. The raised sentiment creates a crisp focal point and adds just the right amount of lift to complete the design.
Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.

No comments:
Post a Comment