Translate

Friday, September 4, 2026

Shepard Thank You


WT1121 - Wood of Faux Wood

F4A863 - Dog Days of Summer

MIX710 - Seeing Stars

USEIT2026 - Dog

For this card, I began by pulling out this adorable little dog that had been tucked away in my tote of items I want to use up. He has such a sweet expression that he immediately became the perfect focal point. I layered him on a couple of square panels to give him a nice framed look, then added a thank you sentiment at the top. The dog is popped up on dimensionals so he stands out with a bit of playful dimension.

Once the focal point was finished, I turned to my stash of kraft cardstock scraps. I added crisp white and bold black layers to give the kraft pieces a more polished feel, then trimmed two of them into banner shapes. These banners add a nice balance to the layout and help tie the elements together.

The larger designer paper is a wonderful woodgrain pattern that fits perfectly with this week’s Ways to Use It challenge. It is also part of the stack of designer papers I am determined to use up this year, so it felt good to give it a home on this card. I layered the woodgrain panel on black cardstock for contrast and then mounted everything on a clean white card base.

This card came together with a mix of scraps, favorite images, and challenge inspiration, and I love how warm and friendly it feels.

This will be another of my pet donation cards.

Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.

Shepard Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment