Translate

Saturday, September 19, 2026

Pie Birthday

 



IC1085 - Country Door - Inspiration

For this card, I was inspired by the pie in the scene, so I reached for my favorite Spellbinders pie die set and cut all of the layers to build a warm, homey pie. I added a couple of lemon pieces along with the flower and leaves to give the arrangement a bright, cheerful touch.

I pulled out several papers from the stash I am working to use up and trimmed them down, adding black highlight layers behind each panel before placing everything on a white card base. The contrast of the black accents against the patterned papers creates a crisp and lively backdrop.

I die cut a few black stars to complement the layers and popped up two of the star and circle pieces to add extra interest. After assembling the pie, lemons, and flower, I added dimensionals behind the pie and finished it with a soft shimmer of Stickles.

To complete the card, I scattered several gems and popped up the birthday sentiment for a final bit of sparkle and lift.

Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.

Pie Birthday


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Lisa, love the pie, little lemon slices and the cutlery p, paper all fits together perfectly.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very much hoping it's an apply pie Lisa and those lemon slices so realistic. Thanks for updating to SCS on your previous post, did wonder if it was just a typo, now understand completely.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little pie and lemon slices Lisa, made my mouth water, I love eating lemons, love the background papers and layers, fabulous card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pie looks so good, love the design of the card and that utensil paper in the background is a neat touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great and beautiful card Lisa.....gr karin

    ReplyDelete