WT1113 - Candles
I realized I had not used this fun Art Impressions image in years, and she felt absolutely perfect for this challenge. I stamped her on white cardstock and colored her with Copics, letting the bright tones bring out her personality. For the panel, I did an out‑of‑the‑box cut to trim the image back just enough to layer her over a purple and white checkered designer paper. I tore the upper right corner, sponged it with black Distress Oxide, and added a touch of gold Stickles for a playful, distressed sparkle. For even more fun, I stamped the birthday sentiment, tore the edge, and gave it the same black‑and‑gold treatment so everything ties together.
To finish the card, the panel is layered on the purple gingham, then on a coordinating purple cardstock, and finally on a clean white card base for a crisp, polished look.
Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.

a beautiful card Lisa........gr karin
ReplyDeleteI love the idea that the corner of the card is burnt out, haha, really adds to it. Wonderful fun card Lisa. xx
ReplyDeleteOOOhh that looks dangerous!! Fabulous image and love how you framed it.
ReplyDeletexx
Fabulous card and fun image, love the torn burnt corner-brilliant.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
Ha Ha, love this for an older birthday, terrific coloring and like how you tore the corner like it has caught fire!
ReplyDeleteWe used to be able to get Art Impression stamps easily over here but alas no more, but I still have loads of the small scene builders. This image really is fun and ideal for a 'grown up' Birthday and very imaginative with the burnt corner.
ReplyDeleteB x
I will be 70 in October. This made me smile! I love it! :)
ReplyDelete