Translate

Friday, July 24, 2026

Dream Big

 

F4A857 - Me Time - What makes me happy creating is being inspired by something.

MIX704 - Sky's the Limit

For this card, the whole idea started with my hubby. He bought a beer from a company called Pax Beer, and after finishing one, he handed me the can with a grin and said, "Could you make a card with this?" Well of course, babe. The label was so fun, and I knew immediately it needed to be the star of a project.

A few days later, while sorting my craft room for what feels like the thousandth time, I came across a paper pad from Michaels that hubby had picked out. I held the label next to the paper and thought, "Self, that is a perfect match." Sometimes the best pairings happen by accident.

I carefully removed the label from the can and mounted it onto cardstock for stability. After trimming it down, I rounded the top corners to soften the look and give it a more finished feel.

Next, I cut the designer paper and layered it on black cardstock to echo the black elements in the label. The whole panel is mounted on a purple card base, which pulls out the rich tones in the artwork and gives the card a bold, striking foundation.

The birthday sentiment is popped up on dimensionals for a bit of lift, and the "Dream Big" sentiment part of the designer paper pad was trimmed down and layered on black as well. It adds a fun, inspirational touch that complements the label beautifully.

Thank you for visiting today. Your comments are always appreciated, and I look forward to returning the visit to your blog.

Dream Big

No comments:

Post a Comment