Translate

Friday, July 17, 2026

Sunny Birthday

 

F4A856 - Heat

These last few days have been brutally hot here, and the sun feels as if it is determined to shine straight down on us. With that in mind, I reached for a cheerful paper pad I am trying to use up and trimmed one of the patterns so it would resemble a bright sun rising over my little scene. The layers are framed with a soft blue that gives everything a gentle glow and then mounted on a crisp white card base.

Next, I pulled out a wonderful Spellbinders die set and cut the pieces from colors that mirror the shades in the designer paper. A bit of shading on several of the elements adds depth and helps them stand out against the background. Once the pieces were ready, I arranged them across the sunny designer paper, letting the colors play together.

To finish the card, I added a birthday sentiment and a few candy dots for a touch of playful texture. It feels like a happy little moment captured on paper, perfect for a warm summer day.

Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.

Sunny Birthday

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful colourful sunny card and papers, love the beautiful colourful Toucan and Owl.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a terrific job with the papers you used to cut out the birds and the papers for the background go with them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous and colourful card Lisa,..............gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very colourful Lisa, all beautifully put together and a fun element as well with those birds.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous hot hot card, very colourful which I love.
    Hope its not too hot for Lisa, take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright, beautiful and fun design- definite summer vibes here Lisa- I can feel the heat! Love those die cut birds- they look as if they're enjoying the sunshine!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and delightful! I cannot imagine anyone not loving the colours and design of this fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this feels like summer. I love the bright and cheerful colors and those cute birds stole my heart immediatly. Awesome card Lisa.
    Greetings Miranda

    ReplyDelete