SC1122 - this week's sketch on splitcoaststampers.com
For my card, I started with a great piece of designer paper that worked perfectly for both the sketch and the magic theme. From there, I pulled out this terrific stamp and die set from Maker’s Movement. I stamped the bunny, colored it with Copics, and die cut all the pieces before tucking the bunny into the layered top hat, which creates such a fun reveal.
To bring even more movement and interest to the design, I die cut several white pieces to mimic playing cards and floated them around the panel, popping a few up on dimensionals to give the scene a lively, scattered look.
To finish the card, I stamped the birthday sentiment and colored it to match the bright colors in the designer paper. The completed panel is layered on black to echo the black accents in the die cuts and then mounted on a clean white card base for a crisp finish.
Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.

o this is super sweet and a very beautiful card and design Lisa.......gr karin
ReplyDeleteThis looks like magic, a really fun card Lisa. xx
ReplyDeleteSo much fun to look at Lisa love your idea of the playing cards great card
ReplyDeleteMargaret xx
Great fun card, love the cute bunny popping out of the hat, little playing cards and the colourful background is perfect.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
Wow Lisa , I love this card. You've made really magic with the cute bunny in the hat and the "floating" cards. This is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteGreetings Miranda
I agree- the background is perfect both for the magic theme and for bringing all the elements together in a fun and striking way.
ReplyDeletexx
What a fun and magical card Lisa, I love the little bunny and playing cards with their dimension and fabulous papers for the background..
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRISSYxx
Oh my goodness that bunny is just the cutest, fun papers and like the cards all around him!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a fun and happy creation Lisa and a fabulous complimentary background.
ReplyDeleteB x