We hope you will join us for all the creative fun during Fallidays! There are plenty of challenges, inspiration, and opportunities to share your creativity with fellow card makers. Be sure to visit Splitcoaststampers and play along with the challenges. You can find all the details HERE.
FF26vikkijoA - Farm; Trucks, Tractors, Trailers (loaded with harvest), Wheelbarrows....For this fun challenge, I pulled out a favorite truck die set from Spellbinders and die cut all the pieces needed to create the truck and its festive cargo. To make the most of my supplies, I used as many cardstock scraps as possible for the various layers and details. It is always satisfying to turn leftover pieces into a finished project, and the mix of colors helped bring this cheerful holiday scene to life.
For the background, I selected a vintage-inspired Christmas designer paper that incorporated many of the same colors used on the truck. This helped create a cohesive look while allowing the truck to remain the focal point of the design. The patterned paper was layered onto a light blue mat that mirrors the blue used on the truck, then adhered to a clean white card base for a crisp finished appearance.
To add extra dimension, both the truck and the Christmas sentiment were popped up on foam dimensionals. The added layers give the card more depth and help draw the eye to the focal elements. With its nostalgic holiday feel, festive colors, and playful design, this card captures the excitement of delivering special Christmas surprises throughout the season.
For this challenge, I reached for a beautiful piece of designer paper that makes creating quick and easy holiday cards a breeze. The festive design is striking enough to stand on its own, making it perfect for a simple layout while still delivering plenty of Christmas charm. I trimmed the paper to size and layered it onto red cardstock to help frame the design and emphasize the rich holiday colors.
The layered panel was then attached to a white card base, keeping the overall design bright and clean. The contrast of the white background allows the patterned paper to take center stage while the red matting adds a classic seasonal touch.
To finish the card, I popped up a bold red Merry Christmas sentiment using dimensionals for added depth and interest. A few scattered red pearls were the perfect final embellishment, adding a bit of shine and helping tie all the elements together. Sometimes the simplest designs make the biggest impact, and this card came together quickly while still feeling festive and elegant.
FF26rubyheartedmom - Something Fancy--make an elegant holiday card with something fancy you purchased but never or rarely use
For this Something Fancy challenge, I created a festive card filled with special details and textures that give it an elegant holiday feel. My favorite part was using silver DMC floss to stitch this adorable Spellbinders die-cut design. I die cut all of the pieces needed for the scene and added stitching to several elements, including the candy and the reindeer's nose. The stitching adds wonderful texture and gives the card a handcrafted, fancy touch that makes it feel extra special.
To bring in a bit of holiday sparkle, I used red glitter foam for the J, Y, and berry accents. The shimmer from the glitter foam helps those elements stand out and adds another layer of interest to the design. Once the scene was assembled, I layered it onto festive red and white striped paper, which provides the perfect backdrop for the colorful die-cut elements.
The striped panel was then layered onto green and white designer paper, creating a cheerful combination of patterns and colors. Between the stitched details, sparkling accents, and multiple layers, this card has plenty of fancy holiday charm while still maintaining a fun and whimsical feel. The silver stitching catches the light beautifully, and the glittery accents add just the right amount of Christmas sparkle to complete the design.
For the last challenge of the day for Fallidays, we were asked to use holly and/or mistletoe on our projects. To create this card, I started with a unique piece from my stash. Several years ago, my sister gave me a decorative Christmas box to use in my cardmaking. Although the box had become quite worn over time, there were still some beautiful sections that could be repurposed. I was able to cut it down and give the artwork new life on a few different cards, making this project a fun way to recycle and preserve a special item.
I layered one of the decorative pieces from the box onto a white card base, creating an instant festive background. For the focal image, I stamped a wonderful holly-themed image from DRS Designs onto white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. The bright colors really bring the image to life and coordinate beautifully with the vintage Christmas design from the box.
To add extra interest and dimension, I popped the colored image up on foam dimensionals before adhering it to the card front. The raised focal panel helps draw the eye to the holly image while adding depth to the overall design. I love how this card combines a recycled element with stamped and colored details, creating a festive holiday card filled with both charm and memories.
Thank you for stopping by to see my card today. Your thoughtful comments are always appreciated. If you leave a note, a visit to your blog will follow.




All beautiful cards, love the images and p, papers, love the traditional one with the choir and snowy scene.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
What a lovely collection of seasonal cards Lisa, all so different and each with it's own unique charm carrying a seasonal feel.
ReplyDeleteB x
What a fabulous selection of cards Lisa, love the die cuts and prints and traditional festive colours..
ReplyDeleteLuv CHRISSYxx
These Christmas cards are all beautiful. Lovely papers and designs.
ReplyDeletethese are beautiful and great cards Lisa.........gr karin
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards Lisa …love the truck!…I am going to be singing driving home for Christmas all day now xxx
ReplyDelete