Translate

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Week of 10/12/19 Cards

 FS661 - the super talented Featured Stamper:
*KARI B.*. I found this amazing card.

I loved the colors and the soaring bird. It reminded me of this image from the Ton. This is 13 layering stamps to make this eagle. Well while I had them all lined up in my Misti I thought it best to stamp a few because it is really super tiny stamps to make this amazing image.

Stamped the eagle and mountains. Sponged the sky. Stamped the sentiment and mounted the eagle off the card on dimensionals.

This is my mom's birthday card this year. She loves eagles.

Just for You
 CAS554 - For the Boys

Printed off the Spit happens from my computer and cut out the section for the music die cut. Stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment and layered on dimensionals with the red layer on bottom. Added the die cut music and trumpet. Finished off the trumpet with clear nuvo drops to give the trumpet shine.

This is for my son's birthday. He got a red pocket trumpet for his birthday and I thought this was perfect for his birthday with the trumpet.

Spit Happens
 MMTPT585 - Pay it Forward

Sponged the colors of the rainbow with distress oxide ink and sponged the bokeh dots with white craft ink. Sponged the distress oxides again over those dots and added more dots so they were whiter than the first layer.

Finished off with the hello in several layers of black paper and added clear nuvo drops over the Hello and added some gems to finish the card.

Hello
 WT761 - Taking the Rough with the Smooth

Stamped the watch and colored with copics. Added Nuvo drops to the watch face.

Embossed and sponged the watch paper layer. Stamped and die cut the sentiment layers.

Assembled and popped the watch and sentiment on dimensionals. Finished off with gems.

Man of the Moment
 F4A503 - Ancient Times

This card is going to my wonderful Uncle Neil. He is celebrating his 75th birthday.

Stamped the image and colored with copics. Layered on the card base and black and DP. Used a birthday sentiment that is in a curved layout and stamped it 2 times to create the circle and then used a 7 and 5 stamp to create the 75. Die cut the sentiment and layered.

Happy Birthday Uncle Neil
IC723 - Cox & Cox UK where I found these amazing Angel Wings.

A few years back my best friend worked really hard to pass an anti-bully law in the state of Indiana. She continues the fight to help keep kids safe in schools and prevent suicide. I look up to her and her efforts.

She asked me to make some cards with Angel Wings to give to parents who have lost children to suicide. Today's inspiration was perfect for these cards.

I found an online coloring page and fussy cut out the wings. Embossed the bottom layer and added a DP behind it on the edges. popped the wings up on dimensionals and added the ribbon. Finished off with punched purple hearts and stickles on the hearts.

I will be making angel wings every year for my friend as she needs them. I hope the can bring some much needed love to the families that they are headed.

Angel Wings

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards this week. The eagle looks magnificent over the mountains. Popping it up on dimensionals was a great idea. I was in band back in the day, and I hated to see the trumpet/cornet players empty their spit out of their instruments. Truly disgusting. I bet your son really loved this card though. Your angel wings cards are so touching. The recipients are really going to appreciate them, especially since you have made them with such care. I am a retired teacher who made sure our zero tolerance for bullying was carried out daily. Of course, this meant that I had to be present and alert constantly. Watching and understanding what was being said non-verbally was just as crucial as the verbal exchanges. 10 years of high school and 16 years of middle school...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aracelli. I do love how the eagle came out and am very thankful while I had all the stamps lined up that I made 2 more for future cards with all the layering needed to make them.

      Yes seeing spit come out of brass instruments is nasty but all a part of playing them. My son absolutely loved his card especially seeing it matched his birthday gift.

      I am super proud of my friend and all she does to help support the antibullying in our schools. She is my hero so I was very happy to make her some cards for her cause and felt blessed that she had faith in my card ability to ask me to make some for her.

      Delete