Translate

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Week of 1/30/21 cards

 

CAS622 - Bugs Life

I love bees and these are the happiest bees I have found for stamps from DRS Designs. I stamped a few of them and mirror imaged a couple so I could get them going a different direction. Then I added the branch with the beehive and colored the scene with copics. I finished the sky with clouds and added stickles to the bees wings.

Also I had a few people ask me for my tips on getting a good impression for my mirror image stamping. I finally got around to grabbing some images and wrote up some steps. I would love it if you have time to try the steps and let me know how it works for you. You can find it here Mirror Image Stamping.

Bee My Valentine

FS729 - this weeks incredibly talented Featured Stamper is Deb Felts aka debdeb. Her gallery is full of amazing inspiration. I found this CARD

I love the wonderful layout and used that as my starting point. Rather than an oval in the center I kept it rectangle.

I stamped the bowling pins and ball from DRS Designs on white then I fussy cut out just a section of the image and colored it with copics. In the center square I sponged the retro look on the top part of the square and sponged brown on the bottom.

I embossed the cream layer and stamped a single pin and fussy cut that to add tot he sentiment layer.

Have a Ball






MMTPT653 - Mary Nohl

USEIT2021 - Sweet N Sassy image

This image was on my table colored waiting for a card. I found this great IMAGE and it inspired the BG.

I cut a bunch of scrap greens in many colors to create the BG. I then added the white layer then the cone flowers and finished with a gold bow and gem to pick up the gold in the cone flowers.

Mary Nohl Inspire


CC828 - Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray

USEIT2021 - Patches

When I saw today's color challenge i remembered I have this cute DP with the colors all contained in the paper.

I needed to use up these dog patches from my tote and they work perfect with the colors. I cut the paper, cut the layers and stamped the sentiments.

The dogs are added with hot glue.

Birthday Pups

WT829 - What's your drink - tea, coffee, chocolate; tea-dying, tea bags, coffee filters, painting with coffee - or just stamps/die-cuts

I love coffee. It is my go to drink of choice and I can drink it day or night.

For my card I used the coffee collection from Heartfelt creations. I stamped the sentiment and die cut the layers. I die cut the flowers and shaped them and layered on the card.

The base layer is the large sentiment in the collection and I distressed that layer.

I finished the card with prills, ribbon and stickles.

How You Bean

IC791 - Shindigz! where I found these cute Hearts

I recently got this cute heart arrangement and thought it would work perfect for a cute Valentine card.

I stamped the first skunk from DRS Designs and covered up the daisies on the stamp. I then did a mirror of the same skunk again not stamping the daisies on the image. Once stamped I masked both the images and stamped the flower hearts.

I colored the scene with copics and sponged clouds and finished the scene with this cute sentiment.

I finished the card with some punched hearts from my pile of punched hearts sitting on my desk.

Also I had a few people ask me for my tips on getting a good impression for my mirror image stamping. I finally got around to grabbing some images and wrote up some steps. I would love it if you have time to try the steps and let me know how it works for you. You can find it here Mirror Image Stamping.

I'm Wild About You

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration Lisa! I especially love the antiqued look and dimensional layering on the coffee themed card. The happy bees are also super cute.��
    Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I do love making dimensional cards. And those bees are so super cute! They are my favorite bees in my collection.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards, Lisa. I will have to try your steps on mirror imaging. I don't know if I have any red rubber pieces left anywhere. I used to keep them, but then began to throw them away, since I was not using them. I needed the drawer for other things. Anyway, your steps look like they are simple and a sure way to get an excellent print. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sally. I hope you give the technique a try. There are mirror image stamps on the market that would make this easy to try. I can't wait to see how it comes out for you when you try the technique.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards this week! I especially love the cup and blue flowers! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela! I do love making 3D flowers.

      Delete