Translate

Saturday, October 3, 2020

Week of 10/3/20 cards

 

WT812 - How will I use this

USEIT2020 - HFC Kit & Pearls

I am trying to use up the last of the Heartfelt Creations card kits and grabbed this one to put together. I colored the flowers, shells and sponged the edges of the layers.

I popped the layers on dimensioanls and while digging in my tote of items to use up I found this broken plastic pearl necklace. My sister gave it to me and asked if I could use it on a card and I said sure....well it works perfect for this card. I tucked them under some of the popped up elements.

I finished with stickles on several elements on the card.

Life with You

MMTPT636 - Fall/Scarecrow/Pumpkin

I stamped the scarecrow and leaves and masked them. Then stamped the sign and sentiment and colored with copics. I sponged pink and blue clouds once the scene was colored.

Cut the layers and layered.

Happy Fall Ya'll

CAS605 - Pumpkin

I stamped the leaves first with the lighter colors using my misti. Next I added a darker color on the stamp using a dauber and restamped over the first stamped leaf. That gave the 2 toned color to the leaves.

I stamped the sentiment in red and popped on dimensionals and finished off with the pumpkin button from my stash.

Fall is in the Air



IC774 - Fat Quarter Shop

My MIL shops on this website all the time. It is a favorite.

I found this great Fabric.

I stamped this great sunflower image from DRS Designs and colored with copics. Cut the layers and popped the image up on dimensionals.

I added the stamped plaid in yellow on the bottom and added some stamped white swiss does on kraft. I finished with the doily and candy dots.

Sunflower Birthday




FS712 - This weeks super talented featured stamper is Holley Smith aka holley smith. I found this great CARD

USEIT2020 - Bears

Holley created a Christmas colored birthday card. I created a nontraditional colored Christmas card.

I stamped the BG plaid on tan then heat embossed in gold the sentiment on black. These bears were in my tote needing used up and I popped them up on dimensionals and added a black circle behind them.
Christmas Bear



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards this week, Lisa. I can't seem to pick a favorite. I think all of them are equally fantabulous! Yeah, I think I made up that word. I love the sentiment on your pumpkin card. It is so very true, now more than ever. The two tone leaves on the background are beautiful. I also like how you found a use for the broken pearl necklace. I think it is amazing how some people can repurpose so many things. My brain does not always work like that and in my frustration, I wind up throwing things out. Of course a week later, I am looking for those things. Your happy scarecrow is so sweet and expertly colored. I love it. Thanks so much for sharing, Lisa. I enjoy looking at your creations and I admire your creativity and ability on your photography as well. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love those 2 tone leaves and they are super quick to create.

      I do love repurposing items but I seemed to have collected a ton over the years so I am pushing myself to get a bunch of them used out of a tote and that necklace was perfect for the underwater card.

      Thanks for stopping by for a peek and leaving card love!

      Delete
  2. Your pink AND blue clouds just add that extra something to the already terrific scarecrow card. And the underwater card itself is really fantastic! Did you add extra dimension to the shells with a stylus? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela. That scarecrow is one of my favorite images. He is always fun to add to a fall card. And yes I did add a bunch of dimension to the shells on that card. It is really awesome how much dimension is on that card.

      Delete