Translate

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Week of 8/15/20 Cards

FS705 - the amazingly talented Featured Stamper is Kelly (sunstamper). Her gallery is full of wonderful inspiration. I found this CARD and immediately thought of a tic tac toe board.

Many years ago when my son was little my mother in law use to send him cards and letters that included fun things for him to play with. This would have been something she would have put together for mailing to him.

I stamped the images on green and orange paper and die cut them. Then I used Chip board in the middle pieces to add some strength to them and layered the greens and oranges on the bottom. I cut strips of black paper and created the tic tac toe board and stamped the sentiment.

I attached the pieces with tape runner so they can easily come off the card to play a game.


Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun!

CAS598 - Balloons

Die cut the congratulations and numbers. Embossed the white card base and added bakers twine to the balloons.

Finished off with some sequins.


Congrats 2020


MMTPT629 - CHEER

C - Chartreuse, Carrot
H - Hare
E - Embellishments
R - Rust, Rose Pink

This image was sent to me in a Teapot Tuesday exchange. I colored it with pencils and cut the layers. The Hello die was also sent to me in an exchange and it was white. I used a copic to color it pink to match the card.

Hello Bunny

WT805 - Cling Wrap

I used the cling wrap technique for the rainbow background. I put rainbow colors on the cling wrap and spritzed water then added the watercolor paper to soak up the colors.

Once dry I stamped the paw prints and sentiment and finished with a die cut dog on dimensionals.

Rainbow Bridge

F4A547 - You've got a friend

This Billiard table was hand drawn by me then I uploaded it and digitized it so I can use it again in the future,

This is going to my "little brother". My brother has been best friends with his friend James for so long that I now call James my little brother. Even when talking to my family I will say our little brother and everyone knows I mean James.

I drew the image then uploaded it and cleaned it up on my computer creating a digital image. Printed it out and colored with copics.

Next I cut the layers and stamped the birthday sentiment using the DRS Designs birthday sentiment.

Hand Drawn Birthday

 IC767 - Garden Fence Inspiration where I found this cute Fence


USEIT2020 - When I saw the inspiration I found I still have this Heartfelt Creations card kit that I need to use up. They came stamped and cut and I just needed to color, shape and layer.

Colored the flowers, leaves and flamingos. Shaped and sponged the layers. Glued and added dimensionals. Finished with stickles.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards this week Lisa! The dog one caught my eye right away. (I’m thinking you might be donating that to the mom & pop pet shop?) I really love the flamingo card’s sentiment! I had painted a bear scene for a faux rug (on concrete) that graced our front doorstep for years with just that saying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the dog card was donated to the mom and pop shop. And Heartfelt Creations has some amazing sentiment stamps.

      Delete
  2. Hello, Lisa. Your Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun card is so cool. That is a great idea to have the pieces come off for a quick game. Very creative and perfect for our upcoming Halloween! Looks like your graduation cards are becoming a staple in your stash. Those seniors are very lucky to have you in their corner and I'm sure are very appreciative of your labors. O.K...I just love the results of your cling wrap technique. Your colors are so rich and vibrant. Love the way the paw prints walk up to the heavens. Love, Love your cards this week. Thanks for sharing, and thank you for all of your wonderful comments on my cards as well. It mean so much to me. Until next week, stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Aracelli, I sure love that Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun card. It is a great card to give out to so many and especially this year when some might not get to go out, a relative could mail that fun card to a little one. Oh yes I am enjoying giving out many senior cards this year for the class of 2020 and already have people asking me for 2021 cards because many of those seniors are already missing out this year. I am just heart broken at how much the kids are missing out for their senior years. So I will keep plugging away and making senior cards to help those kids feel appreciated and special.

    ReplyDelete