Translate

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Week of 7/4/20 cards

 FS699 - My sweet friend Cathy McCauley aka cathymac is today's Featured Stamper. I am always thrilled to see what she adds to the gallery as every card is a treat.

I found this terrific Tote card.

I wanted to use this medical bag from DRS Designs and Cathy's tote was perfect to inspire me to pull it out and use it.

Colored it with copics and die cut the image. Added blue to the base layer and popped the sentiment frame up on dimensionals.

 CAS592 - Let’s Sail Away

JUN20VSNC - Fishin' in the Dark

I am sorting the stack of images on my table and found that I had a 3rd that just needed some coloring to the image then add to a card. So I used the same paper and layout as I did for the VSN cards and made this card in moments just sponging on some color.

Best Dad

MMTPT623 - Asia for tea, with a bonus of adding mountains in the background

Stamped the mountains a few times and then colored with copics. Sponged the grass and stamped the sentiment.

Stamped the couple and colored with copics and popped up on dimensionals.

Hello Friend
 WT799 - Ways to use dust

I heat embossed this great Impression Obsession rose BG image in white and then sponged in blue. Then I grabbed paper scraps from other left over cards and stamped the sentiment.

Two super quick cards and using up scraps from my table. I should see if I can do a few more.

Rose Birthday
 F4A541 - Double Down Background (I used a SU BG and Hero Arts BG)

MIS388 - Know Your ABC's I was inspired by This Georges Braque Painting

Stamped the two BG images on white CS and sponged the edge with tan.

Stamped the Heartfelt Creations Sunflowers and sponged on tan, brown and yellow for the flower colors. Cut the flowers and shaped. Added prills and stickles to the flowers and mounted. Popped the sentiment up on dimensionals.

Finished the card off with the corner gems.

Friends...
IC761 - Color Shot is today's inspiration where I found this great Pintrist Image

My niece asked me for a purple and white graduation card and she needed a sunflower added. Today's inspiration was the push I needed to create the card.

I embossed the base white layer with the graduation caps EF. Then die cut the layers. I used a fun DP to trim between the emboss and the purple. Then I stamped the sentiment.

The little sunflower image was sent to me by Polly (Peeps321) in a teapot exchange and was the perfect size to add to the card and not take away from the graduation theme. I colored that with pencils and added it to the sentiment.

You Did It

2 comments:

  1. Lovely designs this week, Lisa. I like the dimension you added to them. Your Friends card draws my attention this week. I like how you combined the two background stamps. They look great together. And the center of the flowers are amazing. Love the texture. Makes me want to reach out and touch it. The other card I found myself drawn to is the Best Dad. I just love the look of your water. Beautiful cards, Lisa. Thank you for taking the time to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aracelli. My sister saw that card minutes after I posted it and said she just had to have that card. I love when a card speaks to someone and it has a home. I also love making 3D flowers. I just wish I could hand deliver more of my cards so I could make more 3D cards for people. But I will make what I can deliver just to brighten someone's day.

      Delete