Translate

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Week of 7/18/20 cards


FS701 - this weeks amazingly talented Featured Stamper is Karen (karensallen). I found this super fun Card

Rather than a Halloween theme I went with a Father's Day theme. I put the sentiment in a smoke bubble rather than the moon and used this fun digi for the main image. I added the fence behind him by masking him then stamping the fence.

The entire scene was colored with copics and then I sponged the sky.

Father's Day Grill
 FS701 - this weeks amazingly talented Featured Stamper is Karen (karensallen). I found this super fun Card

Rather than a Halloween theme I went with a Father's Day theme. I put the sentiment in a smoke bubble rather than the moon and used this fun digi for the main image. I added the fence behind him by masking him then stamping the fence.

I colored the image, fence and sentiment with copics and then I sponged the sky and sponged the grass.

2nd Father's Day Grill

 CAS594 - Cloudy Days

Stamped the Cascading cascading fuchsia from Heartfelt Creations and colored with grey copics. Stamped the sentiment and finished with pearls.

Celebrate
 MMTPT625 - parachute, hot air balloon, a banner, rope, maybe some type of nylon ribbon or fibers (banners and ribbons have both been known to use nylon so I used both on my card - note none of my actual pieces are nylon but I am not sure i could find any actual nylon in my craft room)

Stamped the image and colored with copics. Die cut the banner and stamped the sentiment. Added cheese cloth and ribbon and finished with some punched hearts.

Birthday Wishes
 CC800 - This weeks color challenge

CC752 - I used the colors for CC752 they are all in the sweater yarn that I used and on the front card I added more blue and on the back card I used more pink creating 2 cards for babies.

USEIT2020 - Sweaters

The little sweaters were knitted by my great aunt and in my tote of items to use up. I added some cute DP that had bath tubs and 2 of the 3 colors and finished with a square doily, ribbon and flowers.

Babies
 SC810 - This weeks sketch challenge

I took one liberty with this weeks sketch extending the lines down rather than cutting them off. I hope the challenge police do not chase after me. I created another graduation card as my son has more parties to attend and needs a few more cards.

I stamped the sentiment and colored with copics. Used a brick emboss folder as the kids in the band have a story about bricks that will be with them forever that the band director tells every year. I added ribbons and finished with some black stars.

Congratulations
 WT801 - Bridge Fold Card

I have wanted to try the Bridge Fold card for a while and thought it would make a great graduation card.

I cut the graduates with my Cricuit. Then I heat embossed the sentiment.

I created the bridge fold card and finished with some fun stickers. This is one of many graduation cards that my son is giving out to his many friends that graduated this year.

This is the Beginning
 F4A543 - Make It Country

Stamped this great image from Unity on kraft and stamped the sentiment. Cut the banner and die cut the panel and added some DP behind the image.

Country Birthday
MIX390 - Do More of What Makes You Happy

USEIT2020 - Heartfelt Creations card kit

I don't get enough time to create my Heartfelt Creations flowers but when I do they really make me happy.

This is one of their old card kits that I am trying to get used up. I have all the stamps and dies but the kits seem to be sitting on a shelf taking up space so I am pushing myself to get them used.

Sponged the layers and sponged the vase, flowers and leaves. Shaped the pieces and pupped up on dimensionals.

Finished the flower and leaves off with stickles.

For My Friend
IC763 - Fine Gardens where I found this great IMAGE

When I saw the inspiration photo I was drawn to the hanging skeleton in the tree. It reminded me of this great new image from DRS Design.

I stamped half the tree on the left side of the card base and then stamped the other half on the right side of the card base. Next I stamped the sentiment in the center and then I used light purple in the center and dark purple around the outside.

Wishing You...

4 comments:

  1. I am just in love with those beautiful fuchsias! I am always in awe of your coloring!! I like how you used the teenie sweaters from your stash as well. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela. I do love to color. I wish I had more time to color more as I have a bunch of great images that I would love to get used but alas I can only fit so many in to a week. But I keep plugging away at coloring when I have time. That Fuchsia image is one of my favorite and I am thrilled at how it turned out colored in grey scale. I want to try it in other monochromatic colors too.

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful and amazing. At first I thought you had just duplicated the Father's Day Grill card, but then I noticed the subtle differences in shading and the dead give away that these were two different cards was the color of the veggies or meat on the skewers. These could be published as one of those where you have to find x number of differences...okay, moving on...
    I love the gray tones on Cloudy Day. I think it makes it look so elegant. The knitted sweaters on the baby cards are adorable. I like the pink and the blue. The lacy frame is gorgeous. I would imagine that you would have to hand deliver these. I worry sometimes about adding too much on my cards and then having difficulty mailing them. I also love the coloring on the flower petals of the For My Friend card. Beautiful colors, fussy cutting and dimension. Thank you again, Lisa, for sharing your creativity. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aracelli. I do love the subtle differences in the 2 cards. I love trying to color a different way and see which I like better so I can color again in the future with something that I know I already like.

      Those baby cards will more than likely be hand delivered at baby showers but I am sure I could find a box to mail them if I need. I have mailed a few of my 3D cards but it does cost a bit more to mail them.

      I love how the grey scale came out on that Cloudy Day card. I want to try it in some other monochromatic colors. It is on my to do list to try.

      Thank you for stopping by and dropping a comment friend!

      Delete