Translate

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Week of 7/11/20 Cards

 FS700 - the extremely talented featured stamper is Mary Fran (Mary Fran NWC). I found this cute CARD

I liked the layout she used but don't have any of her elements. Rather than one person I used two and I went with a military theme rather than Valentines theme.

I stamped the background using the camouflage stamp from DRS and brown and tan colors on a lighter tan card base. Then I stamped the silhouette soldiers image in the same brown and die cut the layers popping the top layer on dimensionals.

I finished with the sentiment in the same position as the FS card using a thank you sentiment.

Thank You
 CAS596 - Cute Bugs

USEIT2020 - patches

I am still working my way through my tote of items and found a sheet of these retro patches. I hot glued them on to white die cut circles and cut 3 coordinating papers to trim the card. I finished with the birthday sentiment.

Birthday Bugs
 MMTPT624 - Paper Hugs

This cute bird image was sent to me in a teapot exchange by Polly (peeps321). Thank you Polly.

I colored it with pencils and popped up on dimensionals. The base layer I used a die cut and rather than die cutting I used it to emboss. I added pleating to the blue DP and finished with this cute ribbon and sequins.

Thinking of You
 WT800 - This is for Sabrina's Ways to Use It challenge.

My MIL gave me a bunch of Asian themed wrapping paper and I am looking for ways to use it up. I though this great dragon die cut was perfect. I cut some gold mirror paper and layered a sheet of the Asian wrapping paper over it. Die cut the dragon and left it in the die cut and used stazon black ink through the openings to add interest to the gold dragon.

Stamped the sentiment and layered on some red DP.

My husband loves dragons and this is his birthday card.

Birthday Dragon
 F4A542 - PARTY ANIMALS!

My SIL needed a get well card with a black cat and bees for a friend that recently broke a leg. I hope this will do.

Die cut the pieces of the kitty and cut the DP. Put the kitty together and popped the paws up on dimensionals. Added a few bee stickers and stamped the sentiment.

Get Well Kitty
 MIX389 - Found Art

USEIT2020 - School Bus

My mom has been going through her craft supplies and this bus was one of the items she found that she got rid of. It ended up in my tote of items that I am trying to use up.

I did the chalkboard technique on the black layer then heat embossed the sentiment.

The white paper piece I hand drew the red and blue lines then die cut the edge. I finished with the die cut tan paper and added the school bus.

Birthday Bus

IC762 - Eye on Design where I found these cute Owls

Our school had graduation in four parts yesterday. My son is invited to several parties starting tomorrow so I am still working on graduation cards for his friends. Today's inspiration was perfect for me to grab a few owl stickers.

Cut down the gold layer and trimmed in black. Die cut the sentiment and punched the black and white layer. Added the owl stickers and some greenery for under the stickers and finished with a gem.

Owl Graduation

2 comments:

  1. Once again, Lisa, your coloring is amazing. You never disappoint. I am focusing on all of the layering that you create on your cards. Most of the time, you can only see a hint of the color underneath. I love the look, and I too have done the same thing. Sometimes just to create the separation between the pieces. Do you ever cut the middle of the bottom layer to save on paper, or do you use the whole piece? I saw a video once where someone was die-cutting the middle to use on other projects. I personally, have never done that, but I found the idea intriguing. I wonder if it would create a hole or indentation on the card. Any thoughts?

    My two favorites this week are the Thank You and the Dragon Birthday. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aracelli, Actually I have cut the middle out of a bottom layer, infect on the dragon card. That gold paper is a bit more expensive than regular paper so when I want to use a large piece of something like that gold paper for the dragon, I cut him right out of the center of that piece that is layered under the wrapping paper. It can create a texture under the layer on top but since I added him right back on top the texture is minimal and not a problem. I do love to do a bit of color to trim layers it is almost a signature look for many of my cards. For the bugs card this week the pink is actually strips left over from other cards and I thought it added a bit more interest to the panel and still gives the look of trimming.

      Delete