Translate

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Week of 5/9/20 Cards

 FS691 - this weeks super talented Featured Stamper is Teresa aka aztk. I found this super cute CARD.
I liked the layout of Teresa's card. It was perfect for my beach image.
Stamped the DRS Designs image and Sponged Pink, Orange and yellow for a setting sun sky line. I rounded the corners on the image to mirror the rounded edges on Teresa's die cut. Scored lines on the base layer and popped the image on dimensionals. Finished with heat embossing the glitter Happy Birthday sentiment.

Beach Birthday
 My hubby made this card for me for our anniversary. He knows I am not picky about cards but I would rather someone make me a card rather than buy one.
I am over the moon that he made this by himself without me seeing him make it.
Love my sweet hubby!


 CAS584 - Space Theme
I don't own any space stamps so I went on line and found this super fun image. I colored with copics and mounted on a couple of coordinating paper layers.

Space Man
 MMTPT615 - cats on it and cool colors
When I saw the challenge I immediately wanted to use this die cut. I also made a second one for the pet shop donation.
Die cut the kitty pieces and pieced together. Added white and black highlights. After making the first Kitty I decided to pop the second kitty on dimensionals. I like it with dimensionals so when I make more I will use dimensionals.

Just a Cat Note
 WT791 - Gel medium, Mod Podge, techniques using glue or Glossy Accents
The pink and black DP was super bold and I thought it needed an even bolder layer with it.
Using a stencil and gel medium I created the black layer. Once the gel medium was dry I sprayed black paint over it to pick up the bold black from the DP.
Finished with pink Nuvo drops and the sentiment on a pink CS on dimensionals.

Happy Birthday
 F4A533 - Walk on the Wild Side
This fun image was in my stack of images and is perfect for today's Free 4 All Challenge
Colored with pencils. Cut the layers and stamped the sentiment. Finished with Nuvo Drops.

Birthday Bears
IC753 - Lia Griffith where I found these cute Elephants
I have wanted to use this elephant image from Penny Black since it arrived. The Lia Griffith inspiration was perfect.
I did the napkin technique with this great napkin from a sweet SCS friend. It was perfect for this elephant image.
Colored the image with copics and added the sentiment and some additional punched hearts.

Elephant Love

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to your husband on making a card! He did a great job with the embossing, stamping, die cutting, and color coordination! And he didn't break anything! He has definitely proven his love for you!
    Now onto your creations. I love those scored lines under the palm trees! It just draws my focus to the center of the card. I also just loved those kitty cats hanging on the music staffs or is it staves? Whatever...I just love it. Cats are always into what they shouldn't be...Your coloring of the bears and elephants is gorgeous. I love the shading. It is beautiful and perfect. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Aracelli, he did a great job and he cleaned up the room when he was done. That is love!!!!

      Delete