Translate

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Week of 4/25/20 Cards

 FS689 - The incredibly talented Karen, better known around here as kaygee47 is today's Featured Stamper. I found this amazing CARD

I liked the circle centering on the birds. Rather than a circle I used a heart.

Stamped the swan from DRS Designs and then used the Mirror Technique to stamp the second swan. Stamped them again on another piece of card stock and die cut the heart.

Colored the swans and added pink to the heart.

Popped the heart on dimensionals and cut the layers. Finished with gems and the great sentiment from DRS Designs.

May Your Life Together...
 CAS582 - Heat Emboss

USEIT2020 - Wedding Dresses

These cards were made in less than 5 minutes. I have had these wedding dress stickers for nearly a year and needed to get them used up. Heat embossed the congratulations in clear embossing powder and added the dresses. Finished with pearls.

Congratulations
 MMTPT613 - Avast me hearties

I was inspired by the fact that this weeks Teapot Recipient likes tie dye. I went searching for tie dyed shirts and decided to create my own tie dyed cards.

The green and blue I used water color paper and dropped inks on the water color paper and spritzed with water to blend them.

The spiral one I poured the ink in circles with green, blue and pink and then spritzed them to get the blend.

Both turned out super cute and I will be doing more because I love the results.

The frame and flowers were die cut and popped on dimensionals.

Finished the cards with the Tim Holtz sentiment.

Tie Dye
 WT789 - Tape It Up - make tape a feature (washi tape, masking tape (faux leather) or used as part of a technique like magical masking tape background

The background map paper was created by a cousin. My MIL wondered if I could use it on a card.

The bike washi tape was given to me by my nephew.

Both the cousin and my nephew are avid bikers so I made 2 cards.

Die cut the bikes, added 2 strips of washi tape. Cut the map paper and layered.

Finished with the sentiment and banners. For my cousin I added trees as she mountain bikes on trails that are represented on the maps.

Bikers Birthdays
 F4A531 - Frame the sentiment

I needed to make 56 cards for the Indoor Band who's season was cut short due to the virus.

Created top fold cards and embossed with the square EF as it reminded me of the purple steps in the uniforms. Stamped the sentiment and framed it with dark purple. Die cut the music note and punched the hearts.

I hope these will be a nice surprise to them.

Thinking of You
IC751 - Unsplash where I found this great IMAGE

This owl sticker was perfect for the inspiration. Cut the layers, created a top fold card and added the embossed yellow. Cut the oval layers and added some additional stars, sequins and the owl.

Congratulations

2 comments:

  1. Your tie dye cards are beautiful. I especially like the card with the colors in a circular pattern. Very cool. But I am impressed that you took what your relatives shared with you and gifted it back to them. I was able to do that once, and the giver is always grateful to see their gift being put to good use. Congrats for doing that. My collection of gifted items is always bigger than what I produce with them. Aye. And then making 56 cards so each band member can get one. Wowza. You are so generous and thoughtful. I love purple and embossing all of those panels probably took quite a bit of time and muscle. Good for you. Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing. Staying safe and healthy. Praying you are doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aracelli. I love trying to use the piles of items that frineds and family have gifted to me. In fact that is my 2020 crafty goal to use up what started out as 4 totes full of stuff that was gifted to me. I am down to a half a tote and it has been very freeing using it up and has produced a ton of cards for my stash and as give aways.

      I absolutely love how those tie dyed cards came out and found that it is a great way to use smaller pieces of scrap watercolor paper too. Win Win!

      Delete