Translate

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Week of 4/11/20 Cards

 FS687 - the super talented feature stamper this week is Sharon (sharonwisely). I found this set of TAGS. I was inspired by the individual tag with the leaf.

I stamped the DRS Designs tree image and masked the setting sun with a white punched circle.

Sponging light yellow, orange, mauve, purple and navy from bottom to top and then back down to blend the colors. Next I removed the masked circle and lightly added the light yellow to give it some color.

I hand drew in the hill and finished off with white gel for stars.

Stamped the birthday sentiment and popped the image and sentiment on dimensionals on the birch tree embossed background.

Seeing the Beauty...in Nature
 CAS580 - Baby Love - use a baby something on your card, human, animal, etc. (baby Jesus & sheep)

CCC20APR - Non traditional colors (Brown & Blue)

These manger images were sent to me by Jan (Precious Kitty). I colored all of them up and used them for a stack of cards.

The panel was masked and used 3 different blues to sponge the sky. Then punched yellow paper and put it behind the manger scene. Popped the image on dimensionals.

Used white gel pen and die cut the star for the sky and stamped the sentiment.

Wishing You...
 MMTPT611 - Use a stencil, purple, and of course, stamping. Spiritual cards are welcome

Sponged the BG with a leaf stencil in green. Die cut the butterflies and added green to the large butterfly. Heat embossed the sentiment and popped on dimensionals. Finished off with sequins.

I decided that a few family and friends that are single and can't get out to see people also needed cards and this was a super quick card to make so I made a couple extra to send to some other sweet ladies. I hope it brightens their day. It seems many can use some extra card love right now.

Thinking of You
 WT787 - Ways to use Purple

USEIT2020 - Die cut Purple Heart

These cards started out with me wanting to use up the die cut purple heart from my tote. Then I decided I needed to get a few more pet sympathy cards for my monthly donation.

Cut a coordinating purple DP for the first layer then a light purple layer all layered over a black layer. The light purple layer was embossed with a script EF.

Used the purple heart under the die cut dog and for the cat I added a punched purple heart. Finished with the sentiment and a couple of black banners.

Piece of Their Heart
 F4A529 - Especially Now (Have a Sweet Day)

MIX376 - Keep Your Distance (Strawberries)

USEIT2020 - Heartfelt Creations card kit

I have mailed a few cards to let people know we are thinking of them. This one is headed to my small business pet shop that I am trying to help out.

This is an old Heartfelt Creations card kit. I am trying to use them up and this one seemed perfect for both of today's challenges.

Colored the images with copics. Shaped the images and sponged the edges of the layers. Finished with stickles.

Have a Sweet Day
IC749 - Laundry Basket Quilts where I found this IMAGE.

USEIT2020 - Feathers

My MIL has me making several cards for her quilt friends for their birthdays this year and today's inspiration was perfect for me to use this die cut from ODBD.

Die cut 3 different papers and paper pieced them back to create 3 cards. Used some feathers from my tote of items I am trying to use up and added the birthday sentiment popped up on dimensionals.

Quilted Birthday

4 comments:

  1. Hey there, Lisa. My favorite this week is at the top of your blog. Seeing the Beauty...in Nature, I love the silhouette and your blending of the colors on the background makes it look so beautiful and peaceful. I would love to go and sit under that tree and watch the sunset...15 to 20 minutes top, right? It is a beautiful card and perfect for a birthday as one more day (year) passes by...
    I am also in like with your Thinking of You card. The stencil is beautiful, but I am impressed at how clean and crisp your image is. My color tends to bleed sometimes. I guess I need more practice or a better stencil. LOL! Very nice cards this week, Lisa. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aracelli. I agree with you on wanting to sit under that tree right now. With this pandemic I really feel like I could use some new scenery. Alas I will just have to make it on a few cards and that image from DRS was perfect for that sunset.

      And as for getting a crisp stenciling, my secret is I spray my stencil with Pixie Spray and then lay it on my card. It holds the stencil and I have actually been able to use it a few times to make a set of cards when needed. I hope that tip helps you.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I'll look for some and try it out when this pandemic is over or slows down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, I look forward to hearing how it works for you.

      Delete