Translate

Saturday, November 2, 2019

Week of 11/2/19 Cards

 FS664 - the very talented featured stamper is Karen Thomas aka googoobaby had this amazing Card.

I loved the big popped flower.

I used another old card kit from Heartfelt Creations that I am trying to use up. They came stamped and cut, you just needed to color, shape, layer and embellish.

I colored the centers of the flowers and the leaves. Sponged the stamen brown, added light sponging to the sentiment and sponged the edge of the layers. Shaped the flowers and leaves. Layered the card and flowers and finished off with stickles and prills.

With Sympathy
 CAS557 - Happy Colorful Halloween

Stamped Frank and colored with pencils. Sponged the BG with a sencil. Popped Frank and the sentiment on dimensionals.

Frankly
 MMTPT588 - Happy Fall Ya'll

Printed the pumpkin coloring page and colored with pencils. Cut the layers and did a Z Fold card. Finished off with stickles and twine.

Pumpkin
 WT764 - Do You Believe in Magic?

I realize it is Halloween but when I saw Carla's challenge I knew this was the card I was making. This is going to my boss' son for graduation. She only has one child and I know she would want a super card to give him for his graduation and this card is just that...a super card. I love playing with the magic tutorial and making this card because the results are outstanding. Her reaction when she got this in the mail was work the 6 hours it took to put this together.

Stamped the graduation caps on the white top layer.

Stamped the Unity image on the Acetate & the white layer and colored the white layer with copics. Added Gold gel pen to the colored image.

Used the Magic Card Tutorial to create the card adding an additional layer with the green framing. Finished off with a die cut pull tab and die cut sentiment layer.

I found that adding 2 small dimensionals to the top inside layer made the sliding easier when creating the magic card. It added just enough room to allow the paper to slide easier and also added a more sturdy stopping piece to stop the slide from being pulled all the way out of the card.

Magical Graduation
IC726 - Scorn where I found this great Hooded Sweater Coat.

USEIT2019 - Sweaters

The coat reminded me of Ugly Sweater Season and I needed to get some of these knitted sweaters used up and build up my Christmas card stash.

Grabbed a stack of the sweaters, CS and DP and layered. Finished off the sweaters with brads, stickers and other fun embellishments. Stamped the sentiment and layered on dimensionals.

Ugly Sweater

2 comments:

  1. You have made some very colorful cards this week. Of course the purple background stands out much more than all of the rest. Mr. Green Frankenstein is so cute. I remember your hooded sweater cards. I believe I commented on them in the gallery. Great idea! I love to see all of the mediums that your work displays. I get very comfortable with my inks and forget to use pencils or watercolor, unless I am challenged. Lovely cards this week. I enjoy reading what you did. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aracelli. My mom loves the Frankly card too. My son thought it was a super fun thank you card and gave it to my mom to thank her for his birthday present. I think my favorite this week is the magic card. It is so much fun to play with and even though I know how it is made it still amazes me.

      Delete