Translate

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Week of 7/21/18 cards

 FS597 is the super talented Selma Stevenson, better known around here as Selma. where I found this amazing Card

JUL18VSNH - A Hunting We Will Go

Reminds of Summer - flowers & Wedding
Find on a hike - flowers
Find in a hotel - flowers
You'd see on a road trip - flowers or a wedding
You'd describe as a lifesaver - a spouse
You'd see on a postcard - flowers

In Selma's card her paper had tiny black triangles. I die cut the BG with a diamond cut and layered on dimensionals. Used an oval frame as Selma had and popped it on dimensionals. Finished off with a lace ribbon and flowers.

Mr & Mrs
 MMTPT521 - Troubled Waters

Cut down the DP and popped the frame on dimensionals. stamped and colored the flamingo, shaped I mounted on dimensionals. Stamped and cut the flowers, shaped, added prills and finished off with glitter.

Cheery Hello
 SC706 - Today's Sketch

This card is from one of the Card kits from Heartfelt Creations. They come stamped and cut which saves some time but you still have to color, shape, mount and add glitter to complete them. So while they are already stamped and cut there is still a bit of work to put them together and I always love how they come out.

Sponged the edges of the papers and mounted. Popped the circle image on dimensionals. Glued down the sentiment and lace border. Colored, shaped and glued the flowers. Finished off with the glitter on the flowers.

The butterfly was an after thought. I accidently dropped some glue on that corner and messed up the paper. So us crafters what do we do, we improvise and I think this turned out perfect and it worked for the sketch as well. 

Butterflies
 WT697 - Be a Happy campers

Stamped the sentiment and die cut, left in die cut and sponged green. Embossed the shoe prints on the craft, cut down layers and added a few leaves from my scrap bin.

My MIL needed a few hiking thank you cards for her hiking friends and these are totally her style card.

Hiking Thank You
IC659 - US Mint Sheets Site where I found these Lacy Stamps.

A couple of weeks ago I got a call for some birthday cards and they needed them right away. When I went to my stash I found that several family members had raided all my birthday cards and I was completely out. Well I have been working on rebuilding my birthday stash. Seeing the lacy stamps made me think of this CARD with the lace trimmed edge. I am also trying to use up these dimensional flowers in my stash.

Punched the lace border and mounted on colored CS, die cut the sentiment strips and mounted on dimensionals and finished off with the flowers.

Lacy Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment