Translate

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Week of 8/1/20 Cards


FS703 - the incredibly talented featured stamper is Debby Hughes aka limedoodle. I found this cute CARD.

I took inspiration from her two bees but used 2 ghosts instead. For my background I used spider webs and did an emboss resist and sponged blue ink over it. I stamped the sentiment in the center and added sequins as Debby added sequins on her card.

Wishing You...
 No challenge for this card.

This is headed to a dear sweet friend that just lost her only child to a drunk driver. I am heart broken and have no words.

Please if you need a ride know that there are so many that will gladly come to your aid. I beg of you reach out for that ride.

Rest in peace sweet Taylor. You are missed.

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!

CAS596 - Pool Party (something associated with a pool party, toys, colors, drinks)

Stamped the house mouse image and colored with copics. Did the out of the box cutting for the top of the image and sponged the sun on the base layer.

Finished with the birthday sentiment banner.

Pool Birthday

MMTPT627 - water park activities on our cards or just water activities or even park activities

Stamped the fun image and colored with copics. Sponged the sun and layered.

Ladies Day Out
 WT803 - postage

Stamped the Unity frog image and colored with copics. Stamped the sentiment and postage and cut the layers and assembled.

IC765 - Miss Vogues where I found this fun Shirt

F4A545 - It's my birthday (soon)

USEIT2020 - Kitty Patch

I used the fish stamp and stamped a strip for the card. Using yesterday's challenge I added a birthday sentiment.

Going through my tote I found this kitty patch perfect for a black and white card to match the shirt colors.

Birthday Kitty

2 comments:

  1. My condolences and prayers to you and your friend's family. I cannot even begin to fathom the pain and loss they must endure. I am sure it was not easy to make that card for your dear friend. It is beautiful and one I am sure she will hold dear to her heart knowing you made it.

    Your cards are beautifully colored and put together. Your ladies brought a much needed smile to my face and your kitty had me purring and giggling at the fish bones. I am always in awe of your ability to shade and highlight your images in just the right spot. I've never taken an art class and I'm not sure those are the right terms, but I do know what I like. Thanks so much Lisa for sharing your work.
    Adding your friend's family to my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aracelli. That card was very difficult to make because the boy was a wonderful young man and I could not stop crying with every part of the card I put together. He is very dearly missed.

      I do love to color and even though I have been doing it a while I am still learning with every image I color. Practicing is the only way I have been able to get any kind of shading and just looking at the image to see if I can find just the right places to highlight. Keep at it, I am sure you can get good with practice.

      Delete