Translate

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Week of 12/3/17 Part #2

DEC17VSNO - create a white on white card or project

Heat embossed the sentiment in silver then die cut several dies and layered.

White Christmas 





 SC674 this week's sketch

This sweet dog was sent to me from Jan (Precious Kitty). I colored him with pencil and fussy cut him and put him on dimensionals. Die cut the oval out of black. Cut down some DPs and used some die cut WOOF words. Finihsed off the card with the paw print which is a plastic sticker.

 Woof



 DEC17VSNC - Using the same stamp, stamp at least three times across or down your card. 

I stamped the skateboard boy 3 times slightly moving the stamp to give the card a feeling of movement. It is one of my favorite stamp techniques for this stamp. I also did it for the first time in my Misti and love being able to get a good stamp out of this solid stamp.

Added some embossing and finished off with a sentiment and star sequins.

 Birthday Boy



 DEC17VSND - your challenge is a monochrome black, white and grey card, with a 100% optional pop of green to give a nod to the iconic game board. 

This was so super quick, I received this candle embossed paper from a friend. Stamped the sympathy sentiment and layered on black card stock.

I have needed a few of these here lately so making a few to add back to my stash.

 Sorry for Your Loss



 DEC17VSNE - Roll the dice (only one) and whatever it lands on is how many layers you use. No dice? As someone to think of a number between 1 and 6. 

I have to say I had to go looking for a 6 sided die. We have 20 sided dice and many are stunning. My DH and son are both out playing the card game Magic tonight while I am playing in my craft room. They have a boat load of 8, 10, 12, and 20 sided dice and some 3 and 4 sided. I did not want to break in to the brand new box that was all 6 sided because I think those are an expensive set. Phew I found one. Grabbed a picture of it and added it to my card. I got a 2.

I added the brown layer and the sponged layer. Stamped a few different stamps from the set and sponged yellow, orange and pink. Stamped the sentiment.

I am trying to build up my sympathy stash. I have been asked for 6 or so in the last week. They are hard to make so I am thankful for this fun set of challenges to make them and try to have some fun and not think about having to use them.

 Sorry for Your Loss



 IC627 - Southern Highland Craft Guild

I found this cute Mug and it reminded me of this bold paper that my MIL gave me.

Cut down the paper and layered on a brown CS and trimmed in a bold pink and layered on the pink CS. Trimmed with gross grain ribbon and layered the sentiment. Finished the sentiment off with some Nuvo Drops. I think I will make a few more of these to put in my MIL's Stash of cards. She must like the paper to give it to me right?

Owl Birthday 



 
 DEC17VSNKIDS - For this challenge, kids and their folks make a cootie catcher, only taking it to another level. I'm encouraging you to use (hopefully stamped) images, that encourage interaction. Mine has holiday symbols inside. Other ideas: promises (doing dishes, walk the dog), treats (candy cane, penny), a relative's name (great grandfather, far away uncle)...

My son almost never plays in my craft room with me because he is getting to the age of having his own agenda. But when I said I needed a kid to come play in one of the challenges he came and played.

I too remember playing with these in school. So many were made and taken away because we would spend so much time playing with them and getting distracted in class. LOL! My son also use to make these but now he is a bit older and does not make them any more. So I was happy he came and made one and played in my craft room.

He drew a tree on one and holly on a second one and colored in the other two.

 My Son's Art


No comments:

Post a Comment