Translate

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Week of 6/20/20 cards

 FS697 - this weeks incredibly talented featured stamper is Trudy (daisystampinator)

I found this super fun CARD

I loved the layout of Trudy's card. I flipped the layout and rather than a diamond base layer I did plaid using the DRS Designs plaid builder stamp. Then I added the yellow plaid rather than ribbon.

Stamped their new wheel chair buddies image I colored it with copics. Added white gel to his shirt to mirror the plaid background and die cut the layers.

Best Friends

CAS590 - Pop it Up - use pop ups/foam dots

CCC20JUN - Door or Window (I did a window view of woods - not a traditional window but a window to the woods)

Die cut two layers of woods. The base layer of blue is wax resist. Then I put down the base layer of the woods. Then popped the second layer of woods on dimensionals and finished with the sentiment and sequins.

Seasons Greetings
 MMTPT621 - piece that move

The moving part on the card is George. He swings left and right. I used the My Favorite Things swing die.

The George image was a coloring page I printed over 6 years ago and I thought it was time to color him and get him used. Then I fussy cut around him.

The BG is sponged with green distress ink. Then I added that to the tree and the top of the swing so it looks like the tree branch swings with George.

I finished the card with the brown frame and stamped the sentiment.

Hello George
 WT797 - June Symbols Color/Flower/BIrd/Number/Stone

Stamped the Ceartfelt Creations roses and sponged them blue. Sponged the leaves green and shaped the roses and leaves. Die cut the window and sponged the layers green. Added the roses and the sentiment. Finished the roses with silver stickles and added pearls.

Mother's Roses
F4A539 - Create-A-Background

I sponged my BG then added water drops to get splatter.

This great die cut came from Anne (jdmommy). The minute I saw it in her gallery I was in love with it and she was kind enough to send me some. Thank you so much Anne.

I did use one stamp to add the sentiment. I hope that was ok.

Jazz it Up
IC759 - Children's book Illustration board where I fond this cute Birthday Dog illistration

USEIT2020 - Dimensional Dogs

I needed to get these dimensional dogs used from my tote of items I am trying to use up and the birthday dog illustration was perfect inspiration to put these on cards.

I cut down the DP for the top and added black paper to the base. Then put the dog on the card and trimmed him to fit the base. stamped the sentiment and cut to a a banner.

Birthday Dog

2 comments:

  1. My oh my, Lisa, where to begin? First of all, I love your attention to detail. For example, adding white gel stripes to the guy's shirt on your "Best Friends" card, brings it all full circle. This is a detail that would never have popped into my brain. I love your coloring and shading on this card. It is gorgeous. The wax resist on your Season's Greetings looks amazing. I have been looking at using wax paper this week. All of them call for ironing, and I don't think I even know where I have an iron! I love the way it looks and the piercing around your panel is so perfect. Adding water droplets to your background on "Jazz it Up" not only looks fantastic, but it brings back memories of the Lawrence Welk show. Probably way before your time...I love your dimension, die cuts, and coloring on your other three cards. They are all amazing. I am inspired to try some of these techniques and go on a search for my iron. Moving parts on a card may be a bit too advanced for me. Thank you again, Lisa, for sharing your amazing creativity. I look forward to next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aracelli. That moving parts card for George was super easy with die cut that does all the work. I just followed the directions on how to use the die cut and it was so simple.

      I can't wait to see your cards with some of these fun techniques.

      Delete