Translate

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Week of 12/3/17 Part #3

DEC17VSNB - For this challenge, take inspiration from bunco. Dice, gathering of friends, threes, laughter, wine (!)...

I had this fun image already colored months ago and just never put it on a card. Well this challenge is perfect to use this fun image. Colored with copics, layered with some fun DPS and added gems.
Girls Night

Copics Used:


DEC17VSNG - Hearts & smiles can be stamped alone or as part of an image, punched out, die-cut, hand-drawn – use your imagination. 

I colored this super cute Pink and Main bee months ago when I colored 1 of him I actually colored 4 and this one was still in the unused colored image stack. I just got the die cut for him this week. Whoo Hoo!

Die cut the bee and popped on dimensionals. This green floral die cut was in a bag of stuff my mom gave me and it has some sparkle so used that and die cut the white layer. Finished off with a sentiment, banner and yellow nuvo drops.
Bee Day

Copics Used:




 DEC17VSNF - One of the games I enjoy playing is Scrabble, using the letters in your hand, as well as those already played, to form words and score points. So for my challenge, I want you to take the word GAME and make a card using all the letters.

Game - Green (the envelope on the 3rd card is green)
A - Aqua (the envelope and colors on the first card is Aqua)
M - Many (I actually made 6 cards two of each pictured)
E - Envelopes

These were super quick cutting down paper layers for layouts and adhering the pieces. The envelopes were all stickers in a set of 6 that I have had for about 10 years. I have been working on using stuff up and these needed to get put on cards. This challenge was perfect to use them for the E in Game.

 Many Envelopes

DEC17VSNH - For this challenge--take ANY aspect of video gaming--arcade, console, even mobile gaming (HELLO POKEMON!) and incorporate it into your card.

I can think of a few aquatic video games like Little Mermaid (made for girls to play video games and insane aquarium. I have never played them but my DH played one and my niece has probably played the other..

This darling image was sent to me in a Teapot Tuesday exchange. Colored her with copics and mounted on dimensionals. The BG is Nuvo Mousse through a stencil.
Fintastic

DEC17VSNJ - black backgrounds

Heat embossed the Silver Tree on the black CS. Colored the stars with yellow pencil and the hearts in pink. Finished off with red Nuvo dots on the tree and popped the card on dimensionals.

Black Holiday Card

DEC17VSNI - kind of candy on your project

Stamped the Pink and Main image colored with copics. Die cut the BG and layered. Popped the image and the added piece of candy on dimensionals.
Hot Cocoa

Copics used:
DEC17VSNN - Use items on your cards that start with at least 4 of the six letters. You may also add another vowel and consonant to the list and use items that start with those letters in place of the letters in the list. Or go for the big bucks and use all 6 given letters plus choose a vowel and consonent to add to the list. 

R - Red
S - Sequins
T - Twine
L - Leprechaun, Lucky
N - Navy
E - Emboss

Stamped the Leprechaun colored with copics and fussy cut. Cut the cauldron with my Cricut and glued the leprechaun.

I have been trying to use scrap papers and have made a few of these rainbow BGs to use on cards and this is a perfect card for it. Embossed the BG with hearts and popped the image on dimensionals.

Strung the sentiment around the image and threw in some sequins.

Lucky Me


DEC17VSNK - Make a card that features an image or an element whose name includes at least one of those more difficult-to-use scrabble letters - J, Q, X or Z (for a double word score use two letters). In your description, make sure you tell us which letter/element you incorporated.

I used a quilt die cut that I had the leftover pieces still on my desk from 2 previous cards. Glad to get these scraps on a card finally.

Stamped the sentiment from a Penny Black and white heat embossed and finished off with some buttons.

Scrappy Quilt

DEC17VSNM - My challenge to you is to pick a category for a card you need. With the first letter of that category use three things on your card that starts with that letter: color, embellishment, image, stamp set, sentiment,tool, etc.... Creative interpretation is encouraged.

My Pet card uses: Pup, Paw Prints and Papers

These pups were sent to me from my friend Jan (Precious Kitty). Die cut the hearts and stamped the sentiment. Cut down the paw print papers and layered and glued down.
Pet Sympathy

DEC17VSNL - My Challenge: Choose one of the Masterpiece Cards pictured below to inspire your card design. Please make sure to tell us in your card description which Masterpiece card you chose and why. I can't wait to see what you create and read what appealed to you from the Masterpiece card. 

I chose the Arrival Of The Normandy Train Gare Saint Lazare by Claude Oscar Monet, 1877 for my inspiration. 

Many might wonder why I chose that image and how it came about for this card. Well Purdue is an Ivy League College here in Indiana. They are known for engineering and have occasionally had trains come out as a mascot to the football field. I kept the colors in the Purdue colors which coincidentally match that image.

Stamped Pete, colored just his shirt, punched him out and another layer. Did some white dash lines on the strip and the banner and laid it all on some black and white striped paper.
Purdue Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment