Translate

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Week of 1/11/20 Cards

 No challenge for this card.

I was finally able to grab a picture of one of the 208 cards I made for the Avon Marching Band. they came in 2nd in the nation at Bands of America marching competition in November. We are so proud of all their hard work.

This is the card I made (less the flower) for each of the band kids. The base layer is back and it was embossed. Then on the embossing I brayered Gold acrylic paint. The Jabots were each cut with the shape then 3/4 inch strips of white paper all individually punched and crimped with 5 rows of white paper. Stamped the sentiment and cut out the gold payer for the sentiment and popped it on dimensionals. Then sequins were added to the front to match the sequins in the uniforms.

My son's card and one other boy that did some incredible tumbling in the show both had flowers added to their cards.

It took 75 hours to make all 208.

Band Cards
 FS674 the extremely talented Patricia Williams aka pawilliams is this weeks featured stamper

USEIT2020 - charms

When I saw Patricia's amazing Card I immediately was drawn to the hanging wreath.

I have had these charms for a while and needed to get them used up as they are tough to mail in a card. I thought the hanging wreath was a perfect inspiration to hang the charms.

I created the tent fold card and cut the opening. I tied the charms with silver bakers twine and added bows to the outside. Layered some coordinating papers and finished with the sentiment and snowflakes.

Christmas Charms
 CAS567 - What you see out your window (right now I see bare trees outside my front window and 2 evergreen trees outside my back door)

Masked the card bases and sponged blue on the base. Stamped the trees and cut the pine tree layers. Finished with the sentiment.

I made a few of these as my sister and mom both asked for a few sympathy cards.

Heartfelt Sympathy
 MMTPT598 - Year of the Rat

This BG paper is from a book of Asian themed wrapping papers my MIL gave me. I am trying to get them used up and when I saw today's challenge I knew I wanted to use some of this paper. It has green, gold and blue in the paper. My elements are paper, ink, nuvo drops and dimensionals.

Stamped the tree image, shaped the flowers and layered. Finished with the half circle for the pot on dimensionals.

Praying for You
 WT774 - Shake It Up

Used my Cricut to cut the graduates and heat embossed the sentiment. Cut the layers and put the sequins in the shaker. Popped up on dimensionals to get the sequins to shake.

I need to make 30 graduation cards this year so I am trying to get a head start quickly with some fun cards.

Congratulations
 F4A516 - In Love With Color

USEIT2020 - Teacup

This teacup was already colored sitting in my bin of stuff to use up. The F4A challenge of color was perfect to finally get this beauty on a card. Laid down the colorful DP and added lace. Popped the cup on dimensionals and finished off with some punched pink hearts to match the pink in the DP.

Teacup
IC736 - Artsy Albums where I found This Box

I thought of all the leftover hearts she would have from creating that box and grabbed a baggie of hearts from my stash of stuff I am trying to use up.

USEIT2020 - Hearts

Popped al the hearts on dimensionals and die cut the love word. Added an additional heart to the love sentiment and used the little heart that comes out of the love sentiment on the cards.

Love

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are exquisite, and I am quite impressed with the beauty you made for each and every band member!! WOW! WOW! WOW!

    ReplyDelete