Translate

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Week of 11/7/20 cards

 

FS717 - This weeks incredibly talented featured stamper is rdm aka Mary. I found this great CARD.

I loved the colors she used. I always love blue and white cards and her card was perfect to inspire this card.

I used my gel plate to put distress oxide inks on it then I stenciled a snowflake stencil over it with my brayer. I removed the stencil and laid a piece of cardstock on it to pick up the left over ink.

Once dry I added more blue and white stamped snowflakes and then die cut the white snowflakes.

I heat embossed the sentiment and finished with the sequins.

Season's Greetings

2020BLITZ1 - Triple Fold Card

This is for the 2020 Holiday Blitz challenge. This is a great way to use up a piece of 6 x 6 paper. I used nearly the entire sheet of the sentiment 6 x 6 and then just added scraps for the other pieces. It is a fantastic fold and really quick to make too. I might need to make a few more of this one.

Seasons Greetings

CAS610 - Shadows - use some sort of shadowing technique

FF20dini - Making Spirits Bright - depict some light source on a holiday card - sun, star, Christmas light, menorah, lantern, candle

This card was super quick as this image was on my table in a stack that needed used up sent to me in a teapot Tuesday exchange. It came from Jan (Precious Kitty) - Thank you Jan!

I added a stencil for the setting sun and sponged brown on the bottom for the ground and then yellow and oranges for the sky.

Happy Birthday

FF20dini - Making Spirits Bright - depict some light source on a holiday card - sun, star, Christmas light, menorah, lantern, candle

USEIT2020 - Many die cuts

When I saw Dina's challenge I knew I had these nativity die cuts in my tote of items I want to use up. I am also way behind in my Christmas cards and thought I would make these and clear them out of the tote.

I added several DPs to the BGs and colored the images with copics.

I stamped the sentiments and left them in the die cuts to sponge some color.

I finished the layers with some already die cut stars for my light source.

Nativity

FF20stampmomma - WATERCOLOR DIE CUTS

I die cut the shapes then water colored them. I sponged distress oxides for the sky and added the shapes and finished with some white gel pen for additional stars.

Space

FF20UnderstandBlue - Mixed Media Die Cut Collage

This technique was so much fun. I hope you come join the Fallidays Fun

Holiday Wishes

MMTPT641 - Tent card or tent topper

This image was sent to me from Jan (Precious Kitty) and I thought it was perfect for the teapot Tuesday recipient. It was already colored I just cut and layered.

Little Boys

2020BLITZ2 - Die Cut Relief

I die cut the snowy background and die cut the house and ice. Used gel medium and glued down. Used black paint then gold paint and finished off with white paint.

Winter Wonderland


FF20CAKath - Thanksgiving theme

I stamped the leaves and fussy cut them. Punched the squares out of the white layer and popped the leaves and white layer on dimensionals. Finished with the sentiment and the punched bow.

Thanksgiving

FF20scraperwannabe - Buffalo plaid

I stamped the plaid BG on red CS and die cut the deer. I then die cut the deer out of the gold DP and inlaid it.

I finished with the sentiment.

Merry Christmas

WT817 - Silhouette

I just love this cowboy image. I stamped the cowboys in black and then stamped the fence and heat embossed with clear over the black ink.

I then sponged the sky with browns and grey to get the fun color. I also stamped the wood BG.

Cowboys

FF20JRHolbrook - Sparkly Winter Scene using dryer sheet and glitter

I used 3 different inks to color the 3 wisemen and stamped the image. Next I used a dryer sheet and glitter to add the sparkle.

I finished with the sentiment.

3 Wisemen


FF20Shoegirl - Gift Card Holder

USEIT2020 - Die cut trees

I need a bunch of gift card holders this year since we will not be seeing people for the holidays.

I used several different DPs and colored CS to create these gift card holders and while digging in my stash of items to use up I came across these already die cut trees. So I added those to the front of one of the belly bands.

Christmas Card Gift Holders

FF20Shoegirl - Gift card holder

I need several gift card holders this year and I got this super cute die cut from Impression Obession and thought it was perfect for cutting some out of red and adding a belt to make them look line Santa's.

I die cut the belt loops, added embossing and sponged some white on the belts and added white dots.

Santa



IC779 - Plaid Crafts

I am still trying to get caught up on my pet sympathy cards for my donation and came across this cute Tissue Box. What a fun craft for kids.

This image and sentiment were sent to me from Jan (Precious Kitty - Thank you Jan!) and I used this paw print DP as the BG and just came up with a quick layout. It is nice when I can just grab stuff already in my craft stash to help me quickly make cards for my donations.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Lisa, an endless amount of cards this week. I had to quickly scroll down to make sure there was an end. LOL!
    Your gift card Santa holders are so adorable. I like your attention to detail like adding the notches on the belt. Too cute.
    I love silhouettes! Your Happy Birthday card with the shadows is amazing. The shadows are perfect. And of course those cowboys have my heart thumping.
    You sure did work hard this week to make such special cards. Thank you so much for sharing. I look forward to next week. I'll probably come across your cards in the gallery...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sally. I did make a lot this week but I had fun making them too. Those Santa gift card holders turned out super cute. I need to get on the ball and get a few more made as we are doing gift cards for everyone this year since we won't be seeing them with the pandemic.

      Delete
  2. Oh the gorgeous backgrounds this week! I too love blue and white (or silver). The black/gold/white is stunning too. That cowboy card... wow! I have to go show that to Sara (my youngest). She’s gonna flip! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I absolutely love that cowboy image, I love adding fun colors to the sky. And I really love the blue and white cards. Those are my all time favorite to send out at Christmas.

      Delete