Translate

Friday, June 26, 2020

Week of 6/27/20 Part 1 Cards

 FS698 - The super talented Patti, better known around here as pspapercrafts is today's Featured Stamper. I found this wonderful CARD.

I kept the layout very similar and added the die cut heart beat in the BG rather than a ribbon. Stamped this great sentiment from DRS Designs and cut the layers down. I rounded all the edges and finished with some punched hearts. The hearts have stickles so they really pop on the card.

A Nurse Brings
 CAS591 - Animals with Paws

I needed a few quick congratulations cards for my friends little pet grooming shop. I have been trying to come up with quick cards for them and also having them sell some of my cards to help them during this pandemic. These were super quick and I had 5 different dogs that I could stencil to give them different cards.

Stenciled the dogs and stamped the sentiment.

Congratulations Pup
 MMTPT622 - Pens/Pencils & Decorated envelopes

This daisy is hand drawn then colored with copics. Finished off with stickles and the sentiment.

Hand Drawn Daisy

FS807 - This weeks sketch

I am still working on graduation cards for this year's seniors. They are having graduation in July and I am hard at work trying to make more cards. Today's sketch was perfect for this die cut.

Die cut the gold and white glitter paper with the sunrays die cut from Divinity and switched them out on the 2 cards. Die cut congratulations and the graduates and layered.

Congratulations
 WT798 - Sand and Surf - Texture, Technique or Image, but include both sand and surf

USEIT2020 - Beach Scene

I am working my way through a tote of items trying to use them up by the end of the year and I came across this beach scene.

I cut down the scene then layered over the blue matting. Cut out a frame and die cut some seagulls and cattails to frame. I finished the frame with the sentiment and popped up on dimensionals.

To add more interest to the image I added stickles to the water.

Beach Birthday
 F4A540 - When Words Fail (Music)

USEIT2020 - Die cut music staff & Stickers

I am still working my way through the number of cards I am making for graduating seniors this year. This card is going to one of my son's very best friends. He plays baritone and I could not find a baritone sticker so I cut one on my cricut.

The music staff was a die cut in my stack of items in my tote I am trying to use up and I finished the card with a bunch of music notes and marching band sticker.

Carter 2020
 MIX387 - Color Tic Tac Toe

USEIT2020 - Heartfelt Creations card kit

JUN20VSNA - Classis Rose

When I saw today's Mix challenge I thought of this Heartfelt Creations card kit. I am trying to use them up as they take up space in my craft room and they no longer sell the kits. I used the colors on the bottom row of the tic tac toe board.

I sponged the edges of the layers. Next I sponged the flowers and leaves. Then I shaped the flowers and leaves. Added the layers and popped the panel up on dimensionals. I finished the flowers off with stickles.

Beautiful
 JUN20VSNB - Hats Off!: Country Western

This faux wood was already done on my table and perfect for this western image from DRS Designs.

Stamped the image and sponged the edge with brown and then distressed it. added the die cut barbed wire and the birthday sentiment.

Cowboy Birthday
 JUN20VSNC - Fishin' in the Dark

This great image was sent to me by Jan (Precious Kitty) and I though it would make a couple great Father's Day cards. I am building my stash for next year early.

Sponged the sky and water then cut the layers. Stamped the sentiment and used some die cut sea shells to finish the card off.

Night Fishing
 JUN20VSND - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot

When I saw this challenge I went to my stash of papers I needed to use up and found this bold bright sun looking paper. I needed to make some welcome cards for the little pet shop as they are opening back up and trying to rebuild their business. This is perfect paper for bright cheerful welcome cards.

Cut the paper for a few different cards and trimmed it with coordinating papers. Used a stack of already punched circles from my tote of items I am trying to use up and layered with the white. Used some already die cut dogs and stamped the sentiment.

Welcome
 JUN20VSNE - summer night card

Stamped the owls and colored with copics. cut out the circle and sponged the moon. Popped the layer on dimensionals and added the red hearts and stickles. Heat embossed the sentiment.

Owl Always...
JUN20VSNF - You are the Stamping Queen

These images were sent to me by (peeps321) aka Polly. I colored them with pencils and layered. Added bakers twine and several gems.

For You
JUN20VSNG - Smokin' Hot Jazz: Matchbook Note pad

This cute image was sent to me a while ago in a Teapot Tuesday challenge and I had it colored in a pile needing to get used. I created the Notepad with the green paper and layered purple and the sparkle orange. I finished with the punched yellow stars to match the yellow star on the shoes.

Witches Shoes

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Lisa, you have been VERY busy. I see I have missed VSN again. My days seem to fly right past me. Your cards are wonderful. I love the cheerful, bright colors you have chosen. I am amazed at your drawing and coloring of your own daisy. I knew you were a talented artist. Your gifts are amazing. My favorite is the Beach Birthday. The scene you created is so realistic. I always go to the beach in July for a week with my children and grandchildren. Unfortunately, with the pandemic, we are not going this year. Your card brings back all of the joyful times we have had. We all (my family) live in Texas, and with our numbers on the rise, we all need to stay put this year. Thank you too for commenting on my blog. I look forward to reading your thoughts daily. You do brighten my day with your kind words. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aracelli, you are not missing VSN it is going on right now. Thank you for all your sweet comments on my cards. They really make my day sweet friend! <3!!!

      Delete