Translate

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Week of 5/30/20 Cards

 FS694 - today incredibly talented featured stamper is Chris aka fargets. I found this fun CARD.

I loved the fairy sparkle and that brought me to looking for a fun way to create sparkle.

I used the letter press tutorial but rather than ink I used gold acrylic paint and black card stock. It came out better than I thought but did take a couple of tries and I did touch up a few spots with some gold gel pen.

Once the card base was dry I heat embossed this great sentiment from DRS Designs and popped on dimensionals.

I finished the card with some gold gems.

Sparkle

CAS587 - Painting

This great SU image was sent to me in a Teapot Tuesday exchange on watercolor paper. I don't get enough opportunities to watercolor so I was thrilled to play with watercolor on this image.

Embossed the white layer and layered on a coordinating DP. Finished with the sentiment on Dimensionals and sequins.

Watercolor Birthday
 MMTPT618 - Red, White, Blue non patriotic

Stamped the image and colored with copics. Stamped the sentiment and cut the banner. Finished off with sequins.

Just Because

WT794 - We Are "Versa"-tile

I am still creating graduation cards for this year's seniors. There are so many in our area that will not have a graduation ceremony or party. So many in our county are working to give cards, encouragement and drop off gifts to surprise them.

These cards were super quick, the Gold is a DP. Cut the layers, die cut the graduates and heat embossed the sentiment.

Congratulations
 JUN20VSNMINI1 - Summertime Blues

I sponged the light blue cloud skyline then I used this dimensional little girl and put some already cut grass under her. Finished off with some already punched flowers, Nuvo drops and the sentiment.

The little girl has dark blue and light blues and the sky is a baby blue.

Summertime Birthday
 JUN20VSNMINI2 - Don't Stand So Close

This cute floral image was sent to me a long time ago in a VSN exchange and I am not sure who makes it. It was already colored on my table and perfect for the sketch. I finished the sketch with some additional butterflies and added stickles to the butterflies.

Summer Flowers
 JUN20VSNMINI3 - Always Be A Rainbow

I used all the colors of the rainbow and cut them all in the same place carefully making sure the cuts were as close as possible with a single circle die cut then moved them around to the different cards. I was able to get 6 cards with the different papers.

Finished with some gems.

Rainbow Birthday Cards
 JUN20VSNMINI4 - Tutti Frutti

USEIT2020 - Heartfelt Creations card kit

I am trying to use up my old Heartfelt Creations card kits and this challenge was perfect to make this card. They came already stamped and cut which is a great time saver.

Colored all the images, sponged the layers. Popped the layers on dimensionals, shaped the images and layered. Finished the images with stickles.

Strawberries
 F4A539 - Sparkle, Shimmer or Shine

I went for Sparkle. I am still working through the many graduation cards I need to get made this year. This card was super quick using stickers.

Cut the layers and used music stickers and a graduation cap sticker.

This card was so quick I think I can crank out about 20 an hour. 

Congrats Grad
IC756 - Nail Art where I found this cute Set of Nails

USEIT2020 - Cherry Sticker

Stamped the cupcakes image and colored with copics. Cut the layers and added this cherry sticker from my tote of items I am trying to use up this year. Finished with the birthday sentiment.

Birthday Cupcakes

4 comments:

  1. You have been busy this week. I did see and comment on some of these on SCS. The watercolor birthday and just because cards are watercolored beautifully. The strawberries card has a lovely vintage look about it. It does bring back memories and images of a simpler and slower paced time. You are so generous and fabulous in creating so many graduation cards for the seniors! I am sure they will all be eternally grateful. You are certainly adding a pleasant memory to this dreadful time. Thank you for sharing, Lisa. I always look forward to seeing your creations. I too have a blog if you ever have time: https://www.merlascraftycorner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aracelli! I have been enjoying trying to cheer up so many graduating seniors this year since our area is not hosting many graduations. I still have more that I am trying to get done and out and sure hope they are surprised that people they don't even know are trying to help celebrate their accomplishment. I just subscribed to your blog so it should email me when you publish. Thank you for the link.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful cards Lisa! You weren’t kidding when you said you did a few graduation cards! I’m sure they helped brighten someone’s (rather unusual) graduating year. Your coloring -as always- is amazing... and those rainbow cards just blow my mind! Terrific creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela. I have really enjoyed trying to come up with a bunch of great graduation cards so that there is a big selection for sending to the amazing graduates this year. It appears I am going to need to carry that effort in to the class of 2021 as well. I am up for the challenge to make them some amazing cards to honor them since they are losing out on their fun for senior year.

      Delete