Translate

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Week of 4/4/20 Cards

 FS686 - the incredibly talented Featured Stamper is Betty (gabbygal). I found this CARD and this CARD and could not decide between them. So I merged them to my card.

I used the inspiration of the black and white long strips of paper and used the DRS Designs Tassel stamp for my long strips. I put them across the entire BG and then cut it down to mirror the second card of the white strip. I trimmed with gold and then the black card base to mirror the layout of the second card.

I then used the DRS Designs let the Adventure BEGIN sentiment stamp and trimmed it in gold.

I finished the card off with the graduation cap and stars stickers.

Adventure BEGIN
 CAS579 - March into April with a parade

Stamped the image and colored with copics. Cut the layers, punched the DP layer. Popped the sentiment on dimensionals.

Birthday Parade
 MMTPT610 - Book cover theme (Lindsey Stirling (Violinist) - The Only Pirate at the Party) I am a huge Lindsey Stirling fan. I could (and have listened to her music for days in a row while working and never get tired of her. The book is her autobiography.

Stamped the images and colored with copics. Cut the layers and mounted. Added mesh from a vegetable bag and 2 wood embellishments.

Pirate
 WT786 - knotty problem challenge

I had my hubby tie the Windsor knot tie for me with ribbon.

Cut the papers, layered the layers and finished off with the tie.

My Guy
IC748 - Today's inspiration American Meadows where I found this great IMAGE.

My sister requested an anniversary card as this year is her 20th anniversary. She wanted an arch on the card and left the rest up to me.

When I saw the inspiration of pink and blue I wanted to incorporate her 4 amazing kids and so I added 1 pink and 3 blue flowers for those sweet babies.

Shaped the flowers, used this great bride and groom die cut sent to me from Jan (Precious Kitty) and popped the arch and couple on dimensionals. Added the flowers and leaves and finished with nuvo drops and the bow.

20th Anniversary

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards this week, Lisa. I like how you repurposed the mesh from a veggie bag. It looks great on that pirate card. I also like how you personalized your sister's anniversary card with the flowers to represent her kids. Great idea and gorgeous design on the card. Seeing your graduation card leads me to think of the poor seniors who will have their graduation traditions disrupted because of the COVID-19 virus. I wonder if the traditional designs will be altered. I hope you are all staying safe and healthy. I assume you are monitoring your comments because every time I hit publish, my comments disappear. I'm not sure if they will come out or not. As you can see, I tend to be long winded...LOL...Thanks so much for sharing your creativity. I look forward to seeing your designs. Stay Healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aracelli for your wonderful comments on my cards. Yes I feel really bad for this year's seniors too. So I am working extra hard to get many graduation cards made to help them celebrate even if it is just a card.

      Yes I am moderating the posted comments as I had some comments that were completely inappropriate with links that were being added. Since I can't block all those inappropriate comments from being made as there are so many accounts that can be used for them I have blocked all comments from appearing until I approve them. :) Fear not...your wonderful comments are approved the moment I log on to my blog.

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful cards Lisa!
    I love how you took the inspiration from Betty’s cards and made a terrific graduation card. As a mom with a “graduating” senior this year, I just want to say thanks again for helping to make graduation more special during this time of shut down and uncertainty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am honored to do what I can to help celebrate this year's graduating seniors. I am still making graduation cards as several near me are having a later graduation ceremony and I want them to know that even if ceremonies are late or don't happen for them there are so many of us that will celebrate even if from a distance for their accomplishments. They all deserve celebrations.

      Delete