Translate

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Week of 6/22/19 Cards

 FS645 - the very talented Featured Stamper, Michelle, better known around here as mfb. I found this great Card and needed to get my hubby's father's day card made while he is still sleeping.

Used a smaller amount of wood for the BG and stamped and cut this plainer. Colored with copics and stamped the sentiments. Curled a piece of the craft and added it to the top of the plainer.

Father's Day
 MMTPT569 - Comforting Thoughts

We hope you come play along with us today and can send a card to this weeks recipient. They could really use some comforting thoughts.

Masked the sun and sponged light yellow, bright yellow and orange to get the color. Stamped the wheat and sentiment and layered the card.

With Sympathy
 WT745 - Memories

I love going back through my gallery and inspiring myself to make another card from my past. For this card I used the layout from This Card.

This super cute Whimsy Stamp image was sent to me from Miss Boo in a Teapot Tuesday exchange. I loved the image so much I went out to Whimsy and got a few of these cute penguin images.

I colored it with pencils and layered the layers. Embossed the spider web and the dot layers and stamped the sentiment and popped it on dimensionals.

Witches Hat
 F4A487 - Summer

What is perfect for Summer? Enjoying ice cream!

I recently made a card similar to this in red and my aunt loved it and asked if I could make her one. I dug in my stash of papers and found this already created stenciled pink and glass bead gel paper. PERFECT!

Colored the little girl, cut the layers, punched the balloon, stamped the sentiment and sponged the sentiment and balloon.

Birthday Ice Cream
IC707 - Brick House Fabrics where I found this great Fabric.

USEIT2019 - wrapping paper & scallop circles

The colors in the fabric reminded me of this wrapping paper in my stash that I am trying to get used up. My MIL purchased 2 packs of wrapping paper thinking it would work great for my cards. Well of course I can use it for cards....so I put it in my stack of use it up items.

Each sheet of the wrapping paper makes 12 cards. So I cut down this sheet, cut card bases, cut a white layering piece and glued down. Stamped the sentiments and used a stack of punched scallop circles also out of the stack of items I am trying to use up this year.

Wrapping Paper

2 comments:

  1. I really like your idea of using wrapping paper on a card front. I think your cards are beautifully created. I've added you to my list of blogs that I follow on my blog. I hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aracelli. I am happy to inspire you and anyone with fun cards.

      Delete