Translate

Monday, August 20, 2018

Week of 8/18/18 cards

 FS601 - Today's Featured Stamper is Beth (NerdyBeth) Where I found this great CARD

F4A442 - Birds

USEIT2018 - Green Duck Embellishment

I am nearly done using up the last of the Green Duck embellishments I have and when I saw Beth's card with the stamped leaves I thought that was perfect for my Turkey. Rather than leaves I went with wheat and then popped the turkey up on dimensionals.

Thanksgiving Turkey
 MMTPT525 - There's No Place Like Home

CAS494 - things with wings

F4A442 Birds of a Feather

USEIT2018 - Bird Die cuts

For me my home is not complete without a bird house. I moved a couple of years ago and when I did I had to leave my 2 bird houses. One had a family and the other I completely forgot to grab. So I went searching for a new bird house for my yard when I moved. I also love the color blue. When my MIL moved in she had pictures in her stuff and many have blues in them. I was so excited to fill my walls with her stunning blue pictures. She is also a quilter and so the gingham on my card represents a quilt pattern. We have quilts hanging throughout our home.

I am going through my stash of stuff that I have received over the years and found a large stack of bird die cuts. I made 7 of these cards. They will come in handy when I need an extra hugs or two to send out to teapot recipients or others needing hugs.

Layered the birds, cut down the papers and die cut the word hugs. Finished off with sequins and gems for the eyes.

Bird Hugs
 WT701 - Leave a Little Sparkle

This card started out as me needing to use the die cut DP layer. I have had it cut for 3 years. Layering a white layer on the red card base I added the DP and tied some ribbon Added a sentiment layer and stamped, cut & shaped the flowers. Finished off with prills.

Merry Christmas
IC663 OPI - where I found this Nail Polish.

I grabbed this card kit from Heartfelt Creations and colored the flowers the color of the nail polish and shaped, colored the leaves and mounted.

Lilac Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment